Custodian - Overland High School
- Cherry Creek School District No. 5
- Englewood, CO, US
- Job Category
- Support Staff, Facilities / Groundskeeping
- Grade Level
- High School
Link to https://www.cherrycreekschools.org/Page/2906
Custodial, Maintenance, Grounds and Carpentry Compensation
Our employee benefits package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, long term disability, critical illness insurance, and accident insurance. Visit our website for full details.
Manager or designee.
Responsible for opening the building at established times, as well as repair and preventative maintenance assigned by Building Manager. Develops and promotes good community relations among community and school clientele.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Survey the building and determine those needs which would require the district maintenance services. If possible, these required services should be reported to the district maintenance shop before 7:00 am
2. Survey the building to determine areas which can be identified as preventive maintenance and establish a program with Building Manager.
3. Minor electrical work, including replacement of ballasts in fluorescent light fixtures.
4. Minor plumbing, unplugging sinks and drains where a snake can be used.
5. Tile, floor and ceiling repair
6. Painting as required
7. Knowledge of fire alarm system and security systems and knowledge of their operations. Checking the systems on a weekly basis, and completing the log as required by the Supervisor.
8. Knowledge of the heating and ventilation system and to report problems to maintenance.
9. Minor repairs of doors and lock work
10. Minor carpentry work
11. With the Building Manager, establish a program for assisting the Food Service Department on a daily basis.
12. Snow removal and ice removal on walks, as identified by Building Manager
13. Apply ice melt application on those areas that have heavy traffic in freezing conditions.
14. Cleaning of the mats during the day for all entrance doors to keep the slush and mud outside.
15. Sweeping steps/sidewalks and picking up the trash close to the building.
16. Washing windows inside and outside of entrance ways as required and directed by
Building Manager outside of contract.
17. Responsible for assisting in school activities and events.
18. Report areas not cleaned by evening custodians, clean if necessary and report security issue.
19. Perform all other related duties as assigned or requested.
1. High school graduate or equivalent
2. Must have a valid Colorado Drivers License
3. Must meet insurability requirements of the Colorado School District Self Insurance Pool
4. Must be able to work flexible hours
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
All certifications, licenses, and registrations must be valid and unexpired.
• Custodial or housekeeping experience.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Good motor skills, (hand tools and machinery used daily)
Lifting (50) lbs. at a time, daily moving of equipment, furniture and materials
Pushing and pulling
Repetitive motions, -bending
Climbing stairs, ladders and vehicles
Various vertical heights
Last Updated: This position is represented by the Cherry Creek Custodial, Maintenance, Grounds, and Carpentry Association, Local 1605. | 03/02/2020
The Cherry Creek School District is one of the highest-achieving school districts in Colorado. We educate more than 53,000 children, representing over 150 languages. We serve over 300,000 residents in 108 square miles spreading across eight municipalities: Cherry Hills Village, Centennial, Foxfield, Glendale, Greenwood Village, and portions of Aurora, Englewood, and Denver. We employ over 3,700 teachers who serve in our 67 schools and programs. Ninety-eight percent of our schools rank in the highest category of Accreditation by the Colorado Department of Education.
We are proud of our longstanding national record of excellence in academics, arts, athletics, and activities. It is a testament to the efforts of a supportive community, involved parents, dedicated staff members, and motivated students.
Professional learning opportunities and support for educators are abundant in Cherry Creek, including educator mentorship, new educator orientation, district-level professional learning, and school-based learning teams - all directed toward developing educator craft and increasing student achievement.
We look forward to meeting with you to discuss the many opportunities in our district and the wonderful lifestyle of Colorado.
4700 S YOSEMITE ST
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert