Teacher- EVES SY 23-24
- Eagle County School District
- Eagle, CO, US
- Job Category
- Teaching, English / Reading / Language Arts Teacher
Eagle Valley Elementary School
BENEFITS: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 21.40% employer contribution to your PERA retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave, tuition reimbursement, free CMC credits, amongst others. For full time employees
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $47,160 - $65,258 per year
POSITION SALARY RANGE: $47,160 - $110,904 per year
For the most current salary schedules, please visit https://www.eagleschools.net/salary-schedules
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Plans instruction and assessment aligned with District learner outcomes and State achievement standards. Supervises assigned students and maintains a positive learning environment. Adapts instruction to meet the individual learning needs of all students resulting in an increased probability of advancing their achievement. Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with students, parents, staff, and community members.
ESSENTIAL JOB ELEMENTS:
- Teach the approved Eagle County School's curriculum.
- Participate in cluster group meetings focusing on student learning and individual growth goals/goals.
- Participate in the development and enhancement of a school-wide culture that promotes professional growth and student learning.
- Provide support and knowledge that inspires and encourages the professional growth of teachers at the cluster group meeting and school-wide as resources are utilized for the enhancement of student learning.
- Contribute to the professional development of other teachers including but not limited to modeling the use and application of best practices, and peer support with lesson planning and designing consistent with state standards and district goals.
- Plan standards based learning, including selection of content, instructional strategies, and assessments, appropriate for all learners and aligned with District outcomes.
- Teach to an identified learning objective, presents content accurately, implements a variety of instructional strategies, checks frequently for student understanding, and monitors student progress.
- Adapt instruction to meet the learning needs of all students thus increasing the probability of advancing their achievement.
- Promote and maintain student behavior expectations conducive to learning and maximizing learning time.
- Establish and demonstrate positive human relations with students, parents, other staff members, and the community.
- Maintain an ongoing program of professional growth that meets District requirements and expectations and personal professional goals.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- For applicants applying for a Career/Technical Education positions, must be CTE certified or be willing to gain CTE certification.
- Active teacher authorization or license issued by the State of Colorado.
- Must be "Highly Qualified" according to the Colorado's definition of a "Highly Qualified" teacher under the No Child Left Behind Act (effective January 1, 2004 for current teachers and 2002-03 for newly hired teachers).
- Endorsement in the area(s) of teaching assignment preferred.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
In order to be employed in this role, you need to hold a Colorado Department of Education Teaching License. There are a couple of steps to complete for this process:
Fingerprinting for your Colorado Department of Education License:
The first step to get your Colorado Department of Education Teaching License is completing a background check by getting fingerprinted. The Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) have both contracted with two third-party vendor, Colorado Fingerprinting, to take fingerprints. This electronic process is far faster than the old fingerprint card method. NO REIMBURSEMENTS WILL BE ISSUED.
* Go to Colorado Fingerprinting's website: https://abi.complio.com/
* The ECSD CBI unique code is 1134ETPI
* The Billing Code is not provided, as the applicant will pay for their own professional certification.
* Locate an Enrollment Center convenient for you.
* You will be prompted to complete the pre-enrollment process by entering CBI and FBI information required for your specific background check.
* During your 10-minute appointment at the Colorado Fingerprinting Enrollment Center, a technician will quickly and accurately complete the process by performing ID verification, fingerprint capture, photo capture, and signature image capture in compliance with CBI and FBI requirements.
* In the rare event that your prints are rejected for print quality (less than 1%), you will automatically be notified via your preferred method of contact (email or phone) with automated links to reschedule an appointment at no charge.
* ECS does not receive the results of this background check, it goes directly to the state.
To apply for a Colorado Department of Education Teaching License please visit:
**PLEASE NOTE** if you do not complete the fingerprinting process within 30 days of submitting your license application with the Colorado Department of Education, your license application will expire and you will need to reapply and pay a second application fee.
If, upon commencement of the Contract term, the Teacher does not have proper licensure, nor appropriate highly qualified status, the Teacher shall be paid the Permanent Substitute Teacher salary and the Teacher shall have until October of the current school year to obtain such licensure and highly qualified status and submit written evidence thereof to the District and the Teacher's salary shall be adjusted to the Teacher Salary specified in the offer above. If, however, the Teacher fails to obtain licensure nor appropriate highly qualified status and submit written evidence thereof to the District by October of the current school year, the Teacher shall remain a Permanent Substitute Teacher and be paid at the Permanent Substitute Rate for the remainder of the Contract.
Eagle Valley Elementary School
$47,160.00 - $65,258.00 / Per Year
Serving Pre-K through 12th grade students, Eagle County School District is an innovative district of 830 professionals engaging nearly 7,000 students. Our vision is to prepare all of our students to be global-ready graduates, who will be successful in their careers or college experience and contribute to their communities in positive and effective ways. The District benchmarks international top performing schools to model practices that lead to success for all students. We believe that the only way to improve learning outcomes for students is through better instruction. Consequently, we focus our efforts on an instructional core of educators, learners, and standards. All actions, initiatives, and efforts are viewed through this lens with the expectation that they must shape one of these three tenets in order to be effective.
PO Box 740
Apply for Teacher- EVES SY 23-24
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert