High School Principal
- Carson City School District
- Carson City, Nevada
- $91,424.00 - $134,259.00 + employer paid retirement, medical and life insurance benefits
- Job Category
- Administrator, Principal
- Grade Level
- High School
- Job Type
Carson City School District (THE CCSD) has a mission: in partnership with families and the community, we will make the most of every day for each student by empowering them with the skills, knowledge, values, and opportunities to thrive.
In pursuit of that mission, we’re working to develop better practices, challenge the status quo, and build a community that inspires and empowers innovators, leaders, and thinkers.
We are building a team of trailblazers and are looking for high energy, positive, passionate, happy people to help accomplish our ambitious mission. Complete the online application @ www.carsoncityschools.com.
- We are looking for talent to shape the future of education.
- Carson City, Nevada is a thriving community for active lifestyles! We enjoy four seasons of weather. We are committed to building a healthy and inclusive culture in which every individual is valued and respected.
- When you work for THE CCSD you will have access to professional learning and career growth opportunities for advancement.
- Focus your passion and talent where it is needed the most. We are student-centered and extremely passionate about children. In THE CCSD we provide opportunities for students to: become good at learning and good at life; find belonging and purpose as they develop individual and collective problem-solving skills; create opportunities to improve society for themselves and others.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- $91,424.00 - $134,259.00
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits paid for by THE CCSD.
- Nevada Public Employee Retirement System (PERS) retirement benefits paid for by THE CCSD. Carson City is a thriving community for active lifestyles! Relaxing by Lake Tahoe? Check. High desert camping? Yes, please. Hitting the slopes? We’ve got you covered. As an employee in THE CCSD you’ll have the opportunity to create balance in your life while you enjoy all that our wonderful community and location has to offer.
LICENSE: K-12 School Administrator Endorsement, ELAD preferred
OPEN TO: Employees of Carson City School District and external licensed applicants.
APPLICATION PERIOD: Closes March 1, 2023, or until filled.
NOTE: This position begins the 2023-2024 school year. 8.00 hours per day, 12 months per year.
APPLICATION: Complete the online application @ www.carsoncityschools.com. The application will require:
- Cover letter
- Copy of transcripts (originals required if recommended for hire),
- Current Nevada school administrator license,
- Last three (3) evaluations (if no evaluations or incomplete: submit documentation on why no or partial evaluations)
SALARY & BENEFITS: Salary placement based on education and verified contracted teaching and/or administrative experience accepted. Employer-paid retirement, health and life insurance, sick leave benefits and annual leave.
Must possess a Nevada license endorsed for the specific subject(s) and to perform other educational functions at the level and in the field for which he/she is to be employed, issued in accordance with law and in full force at the time the services are rendered. (NRS 391.170). All applicants must meet all highly qualified requirements as listed below. Bilingual preferred.
Must be able to pass the pre-employment drug screen test.
This is a replacement position.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: The Human Resources Department will make efforts to provide reasonable accommodations to disabled candidates in the employment process. If you have special needs, please notify the Human Resources Department at the time you turn in your application or at least three (3) days prior to an interview by calling (775) 283-2130.
Carson City School District
Job Title: High School Principal
Department: School Site
Reports To: Superintendent or Designee
FLSA Status: Exempt (salaried position assigned to the administrative salary schedule)
Prepared By: Associate Superintendent - Human Resources
This position will be part of an educational system focused on developing the skills and talents of all students through rigorous learning experiences, supportive relationships, and relevant real-life applications. The principal must be a visible instructional leader for the school and propel student achievement in the areas of curriculum, instruction, assessment, accountability, and staff supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- 5 years of verified successful classroom teaching/secondary experience required.
- 3 years of verified successful school administration experience/secondary experience required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability through educational and community involvement.
- Evidence of support for staff and students.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: State of Nevada school administrative license (or ability to secure upon employment), current driver's license, original social security card.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When applying for a certificated licensed position, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the appropriate position vacancy announcement.
The Carson City School District is an equal opportunity employer and will not knowingly discriminate in any area of employment. Those include discriminatory recruiting and hiring practices against any United States citizen or legal alien on the basis of a person’s race, color, religion, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, domestic partnership, genetic information, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or membership in the Nevada National Guard, or any other basis that is a violation of state and federal law, and shall extend to working conditions, training, promotion, and terms and conditions of employment. Individuals with a disability who require reasonable accommodation(s) during any step of the recruitment, hiring process, and subsequent employment or who have questions about qualifications should notify a representative in the Human Resources Department. Notification may be made in person, in writing, or by calling: (775) 283-2130.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: The Carson City School District does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or on any other basis protected by state or federal law, and it provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the District’s non-discrimination policies: Title IX and 504 Coordinator, 1402 W. King Street, Carson City, NV 89703, (775) 283-2130.
Carson City School District (THE CCSD) has a mission: in partnership with families and the community, we will make the most of every day for each student by empowering them with the skills, knowledge, values, and opportunities to thrive. In pursuit of that mission, we’re working to develop better practices, challenge the status quo, and build a community that inspires and empowers innovators, leaders, and thinkers. We are building a team of trailblazers and are looking for high energy, positive, passionate, happy people to help accomplish our ambitious mission.
1402 W. King St.
Apply for High School Principal
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert