Teacher (K-12) -- All Subjects
- Chesapeake Lighthouse Foundation
- Laurel, Maryland
- $49,000.00 - $111,000.00 per year
- Job Category
- Grade Level
- Early Childhood, Elementary School, Middle School, High School
- Job Type
Division/Department: All Subjects
Reports To: Principal
Provides for instruction of students by developing, selecting, and modifying instructional plans and materials and presenting them using current instructional techniques which meet the needs of all students. Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of students. Supervises students in a variety of school-related settings and activities. Monitors and evaluates student performance while developing and implementing plans to improve student performance. Maintains required records and follows required procedures and practices. Bilingual and biliterate in targeted language may be required depending on assignment. Virtual experience may be required based on assignment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Cultivates a positive classroom and school environment so that each student will have the opportunity to develop intellectually, physically, socially, and emotionally. Maintains order and discipline in the classroom and throughout the schoolhouse conducive to effective learning and supervises students.
2. Plans and provides for relevant and engaging learning experiences aligned to standards.
3. Demonstrates content knowledge and the ability to implement, adapt, and differentiate the AACPS curriculum. Develops, selects, and modifies long-range and short-range instructional plans and materials to meet the needs and engage all students.
4. Creates and maintains a collaborative and engaging learning environment for students, considering research and best practices on teaching and learning and social emotional wellness.
5. Prepares, administers, scores, and uses diagnostic, formative, and summative data to monitor and evaluate student outcomes. Keeps attendance and grade records as required by Board Policy/Administrative Regulation.
6. Communicates and confers with students, families, teachers, and school leaders regarding progress/areas of concern and parent/student/teacher conferences as necessary.
7. Collaborates with colleagues and administrators to build skills and knowledge of current trends, research and methodology with a lens of equity.
8. Participates in professional growth and development to expand knowledge of pedagogy and content knowledge in the related fields of elementary education.
9. Attends and participates in staff/ faculty meetings; provides input regarding planning of instructional goals, objectives, and methods. Serves on special committees.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made on request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor’s degree in applicable field of education from a regionally accredited college or university.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Knowledge of current trends, research in the field of specialization and methodology in instructional techniques.
· Demonstrated content knowledge and the ability to differentiate the curriculum.
· Demonstrated ability to react and adapt to change productively and positively.
· Demonstrated ability to speak and write effectively.
· Ability to deal effectively with students, staff and parents.
· Knowledge of and proficiency in technical areas of instruction.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively and engage diverse parents/guardians with varied communication styles, levels of skill and experience to support their child's education experience.
· Ability to employ a variety of teaching styles to respond to the needs of diverse learners.
· Ability to travel to/from Maryland Sites as necessary at the expense of the employee is required for in-person appearances at various intervals throughout the duration of the school year.
· Demonstrated proficiency with business technology applications (e.g. Video/Web Conferencing, Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Outlook, and/or PowerPoint preferred).
· Hold or be eligible for a Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) professional or conditional teaching certificate appropriate to area of assignment.
· As required by the duties and responsibilities of the job.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert