Senior Associate, Urban Education and Leadership Development
- Community Training and Assistance Center (CTAC)
- United States
- Job Category
- Administrator, Product, Services & Policy, Education Consultant
- Job Type
This is a senior level position, responsible for coordinating and providing intensive, technical assistance to state, district and school-based staff, parents, and other stakeholders to implement education reform initiatives that strengthen teaching and improve student learning. A major area of responsibility is to advance professional learning by identifying and building educator capacity to implement best leadership and instructional practices, and improve student achievement results.
The Senior Associate provides on-site and virtual technical assistance to strengthen leadership and instructional development, and institutionalize instructional practices that support schools and classrooms. The position requires extensive knowledge and demonstrable experience in leadership, instructional and curricular development, exceptional managerial ability and communication skills, and expertise in pedagogy and curriculum. The Senior Associate must have knowledge of major education reform initiatives, vision, and detail orientation.
Technical Assistance & Capacity Building
- Provide on‑site and virtual technical assistance to state officials, school superintendents, administrators, boards of education, principals, teachers, parent leaders, school teams and community members to improve school and district planning and performance.
- Develop professional learning systems, implement educator evaluation and human capital initiatives, and build capacity to
- Strengthen leadership, instructional development and curricular strategies.
- Conduct needs sensing and analyses, and professional development audits in districts.
- Maintain both general and project-related relationships with diverse constituencies – boards, cabinets, district and school teams, unions, corporate groups and philanthropic organizations.
- Develop and implement strategies to inform public policy.
Coordination & Management
- Plan, coordinate and manage specific projects and/or project components, including on-site and virtual technical assistance, and program development.
- Collaborate with research and evaluation team to develop monitoring plan and collect metrics to gauge impact and satisfaction.
- Serve on and/or lead project teams created around major areas of CTAC involvement.
- Communicate present and future work needs and assignments to staff as needed.
- Identify field and/or internal challenges and help create and implement resolutions.
- Anticipate, identify and coordinate project requirements in a timely manner.
- Maintain detailed project records and prepare regular site reports.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer and/or Chief Officer, National Field Operations.
Program Development & Written Presentations
- Conceptualize, outline, develop and write proposals, publications and project reports.
- Develop professional learning programs, training modules, and individual presentations for schools, central administrators and other audiences as needed.
- Collaborate with colleagues to achieve the highest standards of the organization.
- Masters degree required, doctorate preferred.
- Extensive leadership experience within public school systems as a principal, senior level administrator in professional development or instruction, or superintendent.
- Extensive program management experience.
- Expertise in designing, developing and implementing professional learning programs.
- Expertise in providing technical assistance and training to develop instructional and school leadership in multiracial, urban settings.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple activities concurrently.
- Familiarity with recent education reform initiatives in areas of curriculum and instruction, leadership development, social emotional learning, human capital management systems, and evaluation.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, and create climates of trust and understanding.
- National travel is required. Relocation to the Boston metropolitan area is not required for candidates who reside in the continental US.
This position is open until filled. Please send resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and two writing samples to: Cathi Leone, Chief Officer, Finance and Management Systems, at email@example.com.
CTAC is an equal opportunity employer and state-certified minority non-profit organization. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community Training and Assistance Center (CTAC) is a national non-profit that partners with schools, districts, states and community organizations to build their capacity for educational innovation and community development. We provide technical assistance, conduct research and evaluation, and inform public policy to drive and support educational innovation and responsive community change. CTAC achieves significant, long-term improvements for our partners to create equitable opportunities and healthy, vibrant communities.
For additional information regarding CTAC, please visit www.ctacusa.com.
CTAC is a national, minority-controlled, nonprofit organization with a demonstrated record of success driving and supporting educational innovation and community development. Working at local, state, and national levels, we achieve significant, long-term improvements in areas such as student achievement, teacher effectiveness, and organizational capacity. Our priority is addressing the root causes of poverty in low-income communities and communities of color.
At CTAC, we’ve been driving innovative educational and community change since 1979.
One Boston Place
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert