JOB STATUS: OPEN
POSTING DATE: 02/15/2023
CLOSING DATE: 06/26/2023 05:00 PM
POSTING NUMBER: SS23 - ELEM - L/R
LOCATION: Multiple Locations
POSITION TITLE: 23 Summer School - Elementary Lunch/Recess Attendant Vacancies
JOB DESCRIPTION: Arlington Public Schools (APS) requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen (i.e. Pfizer, Moderna, and/or Johnson and Johnson). As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination. Summer Elementary & Middle School Staff Orientation: June 28 & 29, 2023 Program Dates:
July 5 - August 1, 2023 - Must be able to work all days or find a job share prior to accepting a contract Location:
Arlington Traditional, Ashlawn, Claremont, Alice West Fleet, Innovation and Hoffman-Boston Elementary Schools Model:
JULY 3, 2023 is not a work day for Summer School staffSummer assignments will be staffed based on student needs. This position is not eligible for a summer school bonus.
● Ability to supervise students and support them as needed during lunch, recess, and during transitions
● Strong time management skills
● Ability to follow set schedules and routines
● Works well with elementary school age children
● Strong communication skills and willingness to be a team player
● Keen ability to interact with students in a calm and positive fashion
● Ability to communicate and interact with students, colleagues, and parents/guardians in a clear and professional manner
● Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use good judgment, to show initiative, and to be flexible
● Other duties as assigned by the Site Administrator
- Experience with students from diverse backgrounds
● Experience working in a elementary school setting
● Ability to work as a member of a team
● Flexible, dependable, patient
● Bilingual Spanish/English
Prior to applying, ensure that you are able to work for the entirety of the program.
Apply to this job through Winocular:
You must submit an online summer school application to apply for a position. Follow these steps to apply to more than one position.
1. Log into your application.
2. Click on the Start Application button.
3. Click on the Continue button at the bottom of each page until you get to the Employment Openings page of the application.
4. Click the Add Job button.
5. Select the position you would like to apply for from the list.
6. Click on either the Continue or Add Another to add a different position
7. Click the Agreement section on the left next to the Red box.
8. Enter Yes if you agree to the Applicant's Authorization Statement then click Continue at the bottom of the page.
9. Click the Submit button on the left.
10.Click the Submit Application to finish applying for an APS position(s).
Instructions once hired:
- Once you have been hired, then you will need to sign your contract and return it to HR through the link they send you. You are NOT hired until you return the letter.
Arlington Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Arlington School Board, as stated in the School Board Policy G-2.30, that employment opportunities shall not be restricted, abridged or otherwise adversely affected on the basis of race, national origin, creed, color, religion, gender, age, economic status, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and/or disability
Candidates should contact the site administrator at the location they are interested in applying to work summer school 2023.
Summer School Assistants who are APS employees during the year will be paid the Non-VRS equivalant rate - Hourly rate or $14.52/hr., whichever is higher. ( Please note Salary earned relative to summer school employment will not be included in the employee's creditable compensation amount reported to the Virginia Retirement System (VRS). Retired APS Assistants will be paid $24.86 per hour. Non-APS Assistants will be paid $14.92 per hour. If you resign effective the last day of the school year, you will receive a flat rate of 14.92 per hour for Assistants. Pay Plan 22/23 SY (Page 50)