Transportation/Bus DriverDate Posted:
Transportation DepartmentDate Available:
Wayne County Public Schools
Job Description TITLE:
Bus Driver QUALIFICATIONS:
- Valid North Carolina driver's license and CDL with P and S endorsements.
TIMS Coordinator/ Principal JOB GOAL:
To provide safe and efficient transportation of students over a specified route, according to a time schedule, for curriculum and extracurricular activities. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Terms of Employment:
- Complies with all traffic ordinances.
- Observes all mandatory safety regulations for school buses.
- Maintains discipline when students are on the bus.
- Reports undisciplined students to the proper authority.
- Keep the assigned bus clean.
- Keep to the assigned schedule.
- Check the bus before each operation for mechanical defects.
- Notifies the proper authority in case of mechanical failure or lateness.
- Discharges students only at authorized stops.
- Reports all accidents and completes required reports.
- Stays current with state rules and regulations pertaining to driving and transporting students.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as requested by the Director.
Ten-month work year/At Will/FLSA NonExempt Starting Salary and/or Grade:
NHCS Bus Driver Hourly Pay Scale Evaluation:
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board and local policy on evaluation of personnel. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to read a map.
- Ability to pass State Skill Test, State Written Test, Department of Transportation, physical, and MDE Basic Training Program.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and BOE policies.
- Ability to continuously drive on the job.
- Vision abilities of close vision, color vision, depth perception, and peripheral vision.
- Ability to work in a frequently loud work environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines with severe time constraints and interact with the public and other workers.
- Ability to jump out of rear bus door or side bus door as needed for evacuation.
- Physical ability (able to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally) and dexterity to perform the duties and responsibilities