Operations DepartmentDate Available:
Wayne County Public Schools
Job Description TITLE:
Minimum High School diploma REPORTS TO:
Principal or Department Administrator JOB GOAL:
To perform a variety of cleaning and minor maintenance tasks according to an established cleaning schedule. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Terms of Employment:
- Follow all rules, policies and procedures of Wayne County Public Schools, along with state and federal regulation pertaining to school facilities.
- Scrub, dust, sweep, mop, vacuum, wax and polish floors in rooms, hallways and closets.
- Wash windows, blinds, woodwork, walls and other surfaces.
- Scrub and clean restrooms.
- Replenish tissue, towels, soap etc. in restrooms, kitchens and classroom facilities.
- Empty wastebaskets and other trash receptacles.
- Lock and unlock building(s) as requested and secure or assist in securing building(s) at night.
- Pick up paper or other trash in school buildings or on school grounds.
- Move/arrange equipment, supplies or furniture as directed.
- Make minor repairs to furniture or facilities as needed.
- Report to supervisor damages or needed repairs requiring outside attention.
- Replace light bulbs and fluorescent tubes as needed.
- Maintain adequate supplies and materials on site.
- Clean and make minor repairs and adjustments to heating and air conditioning equipment. Change filters.
- Clean and keep steps, walkways, and parking lots free of ice/snow or materials that create a hazardous condition.
- Participate in scheduled training workshops and apply new knowledge/skills in daily work.
- Perform other cleaning/maintenance tasks as requested by the Principal or Department Administrator.
Ten or Twelve-month employment/At Will/FLSA Non-Exempt Starting Salary and/or Grade:
Grade 55 ($2,600.00 - $3,263.01 monthly) Evaluation:
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board and local policy on evaluation of personnel. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate functional knowledge/skill of the tools, materials, cleaning agents and methods to utilize in various phases of custodial work.
- Demonstrate functional knowledge or willingness to learn the correct use of mechanical equipment of school buildings.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately follow written and oral directions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, teachers, administrators and the general public.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, push/pull 75 pounds.
- Ability to stand and walk 100% of the time without fatigue or discomfort.
- Effective oral and written communication.