Online English/ Writing Tutor
- Working from home
- Job Category
- Teaching, English / Reading / Language Arts Teacher, Support Staff, Tutor
Online English/ Writing Tutor
What We Do
At GoGuardian, we’re helping build a future where all students have access to the support they need to overcome their greatest learning challenges. Our award-winning system of learning solutions is purpose-built and trusted by school leaders to promote effective teaching and equitable engagement while empowering educators to keep students safe.
Through TutorMe – our on-demand tutoring solution – we connect students with the right tutors at the right time, building their confidence and creating better outcomes that can be felt by the entire community.
TutorMe empowers educators like you to build connections with students who can benefit the most from your passion, knowledge, and expertise. We’re looking for online English/ Writing tutors to join our thriving remote tutor community. Virtual tutoring via TutorMe is a flexible, 100% remote, steady source of income for educators seeking to have a meaningful impact on students. When you become a tutor in the TutorMe community, you’re joining a movement to equip students with the 1:1 support they need whenever and from wherever they need it. Tutoring with TutorMe is your opportunity to:
- Gain instant access to the hundreds of thousands of students who are already using TutorMe. We make virtual tutoring simple, allowing you to start earning income quickly on a flexible schedule that you set. When you’re logged into TutorMe, you’ll be able to see students’ tutoring requests and jump in to support them when it’s most convenient for you.
- Use your subject knowledge and tutoring experience to meet students exactly where they’re at in their learning journeys and support them in making progress. Your presence can be life-changing and inspiring to a struggling student!
- Join TutorMe in our pursuit of leveling the academic playing field for all students. We believe all students should have access to the individualized support they need to thrive – and we’re eager to welcome tutors to our community who share that belief.
- We help hone your tutoring skills by providing helpful support, resources, and feedback to the tutors within our community.
- Turn TutorMe’s award-winning Lesson Space into your new digital work environment. Our easy-to-use Lesson Space replicates all the best parts of in-person tutoring, all in a versatile, virtual setting – enabling you to meet with students across the country and amplify your tutoring impact.
What You'll Need
To be eligible to join our TutorMe community of virtual tutors, you must:
- Demonstrate mastery of English, writing, and literature
- Have previous tutoring or teaching experience
- Hold a degree or are currently enrolled at an accredited university Have a strong command of the English language
- Be able and willing to assist students through multiple virtual tutoring communication channels, including text-based chat and live audio/video chat
- Have access to and are comfortable using your own computer – including working speakers, microphone, and webcam – and high-speed internet connection
- Be at least 18 years old Be able to pass a background check
- Currently not accepting applications from California residents
TutorMe will never require tutors to pay a fee for applying to be a tutor on our platform or charge a registration fee. Our legal team knows that someone is posing as TutorMe and is working through the appropriate legal channels to address this issue.
Those interested in applying to be an English/ Writing tutor on TutorMe should apply through our site at https://tutorme.com/apply/?utm_source=topschooljobs&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=english and select “Writing” as one of your top 3 subjects.
At GoGuardian, we’re helping build a future where all students have access to the support they need to overcome their greatest learning challenges. Through TutorMe – our on-demand tutoring solution – we connect students with the right tutors at the right time, building their confidence and creating better outcomes that can be felt by the entire community.
2300 East Maple Ave, Suite 100
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert