First Student is now hiring a Shop Foreman - Lead Mechanic for our shop serving Lower Moreland Township School District! First thingsFirst: Who are we?
Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student
is the leading school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the industry's strongest safety record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services to 1,100 school districts. Why join First as a Shop Foreman / Lead Mechanic?
About the Shop Foreman / Lead Mechanic Position
- The wage is set at $31.16 per union contract.
- An additional $.25 per hour for each ASE certification you possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday full-time shift schedule and consistent, year-round work
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety glasses
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk Spot program!
As a Lead Fleet Technician / Shop Foreman at First Student, you'll schedule and perform school bus fleet maintenance on International, Bluebird, Thomas, and Chevy school buses, diagnose and troubleshoot complex problems, and maintain service records. Other job duties will include:
Lead Fleet Technician / Shop Foreman Qualifications
- Supervise technicians in the shop.
- Generate work orders and track progress through completion.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of all vehicle components to diagnose and perform maintenance and repairs effectively.
- Monitor shop operational performance and efficiency and take action to improve as needed.
Get your career on the road with First Student!
- Valid driver's license required; Willingness to obtain CDL while employed - We train!
- At least 5 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair experience or technical school education.
- Previous experience in a lead technician, supervisor, or other management role is preferred.
- Possess a mechanic's tool set.
- Willingness to participate in the ASE certification program. Training, testing, and bonuses are provided!
- Subject to DOT drug testing and physical. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for any reason.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.