Middle School Teaching/MusicDate Posted:
District-Wide Anticipated Opening Salary Range: $52,743-$69,208 Qualifications:
- A Bachelors degree.
- Hold a valid and active Pennsylvania Instructional Certificate.
- Criminal history and child abuse clearances (Acts 34, 151 and FBI).
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Such additional or alternatives to the above qualifications as the board or superintendents may determine appropriate and acceptable.
Share in our community! Grow with our students! Join our district today and be a part of our future!
- Collaborates with other staff members in the education process and assists with the smooth operation of the building.
- Displays an interest in and participates in the total school program.
- Exhibits dependability and punctuality in assigned duties, attendance at meetings and in the use and care of equipment and facilities.
- Displays positive personal traits, such as neatness, integrity, character, good citizenship, respect for others, honesty and responsibility as an appropriate model for students.
- Abides by the Pennsylvania School Code and the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Upholds and enforces school rules, administrative regulations and Board policy.
- Maintains open lines of communication with administrators, parents, students, staff members and the general public.
- Participates in curriculum review and redesign as required by department, subject area or grade level.
- Maintains an ongoing program to enhance professional competence for the attainment of a job goal.
- Incorporates the philosophy, objectives and expectations of the Teacher Expectations, Evaluation and Development plan in the attainment of professional goals.
- Recognizes the basic structural framework for the development of instructional programs and works toward the achievement of the objectives.
- Develops, maintains and completes all required written records and reports within established timelines.
- Utilizes a variety of instructional strategies to attain lesson objectives and provides students opportunities which extend beyond the classroom.
- Diagnoses and evaluates student abilities and progress to develop effective instructional strategies to help students meet instructional objectives and provides timely feedback to student concerning their progress.
- Recognizes and uses appropriate technological enhancements relevant to the curriculum taught.
- Demonstrates understanding and concern for each student in meeting his or her educational needs.
The Allentown School District is committed to excellence! The richness of The Allentown School District's diversity is strengthened by its central role in educating our students for America's future through academic excellence and celebrating the culturally responsive, athletic and artistic range of talent in the schools. ASD students originate from 51 countries and speak 26 languages.
The Allentown School District offers a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify.
This may include*
o Medical Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Vision Reimbursement
o Tuition Reimbursement
o Personal and Sick time
o PSERS Retirement Fund
*Eligibility for specific benefits will be outlined in each labor group's specific collective bargaining agreement.
For more information on this position, please read the full description document.