Independence Mission Schools (IMS) educate students of all faiths living throughout Philadelphia. Our inspiring new network of 14 schools blends the best of Catholic education with innovative teaching strategies designed to meet the unique learning needs of all students.
Since our inception in 2012, our enrollment has grown over 20%, our students are outperforming 80% of their neighboring public and charter schools in Reading, and we have received increasing recognition as a network that successfully integrates faith, character, and academics to create warm, energizing schools that are sustainable for students, staff, and community. Ultimately, IMS recognizes that our students are on track to make their own choices in pursuit of college and career opportunities because they are on grade level academically and enrolled in a high-quality high school.St. Helena Incarnation, an Independence Mission School, is seeking After School Teacher (CARES) staff for the upcoming school year.
Our after school staff should possess:
- Commitment, desire and interpersonal skills necessary to work with elementary age school children
- Ability to interact effectively with parents / guardians
- Ability to relate well in a multicultural classroom environment
Certification, Degrees, and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (required)
- Associate's Degree, or at least 60 college credits in an education-related field (preferred)
- Pennsylvania Instructional Certificate (preferred)
- Experience working in a school-setting (preferred)
- Clearances on all required background checks (required)
IMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrates staff diversity. We strive to be and build a diverse team that is representative of our students and the communities in which we serve. If you identify as an individual of color, we highly encourage you to apply!
Want to learn more about IMS and our school locations? Please visit: https://independencemissionschools.org/schools/