Josette Williams, Countdown to Kindergarten, Director Academic/Non-Academic:
Non-Academic Job Term:
Full Time Purpose:
The Boston Public Schools' Department of Early Childhood, utilizes the strength of each to ensure that families, students and the community are welcomed, engaged and included as partners with BPS and each of its schools. The mission of the Office of Engagement (OE) is to be a capacity-building catalyst for authentic, effective partnerships among students, families, schools and the community to ensure student readiness and achievement from pre-entry to post-graduation. Our work includes supporting families with information on school readiness, choice and registration; providing updates and feedback loops for our stakeholders; building the capacity of educators and families for partnership and engagement around student learning; and, empowering parent and student voice in both the district and school-based policy decision making processes.
Boston Saves and Countdown to Kindergarten seeks a highly motivated, self-starter to serve as coordinator. The objective of this position is to support administrative work in strengthening and expanding early learning opportunities and to celebrate and support early childhood transitions, especially the transition into kindergarten, including expanding awareness about school readiness, transitions and other relevant topics among educators, parents and providers. This person works with the countdown and Boston Saves steering committee and coalition members, Boston Public Schools, Community based organizations and families. Responsibilities:
- Procurement for C2K, invoicing, ordering and inventory management
- Process paperwork for new hire employees, consultants through BEDF
- Maintain all C2K inventory, storage unit and deliveries
- Organize and keep track of Boston Saves and C2K program data collection
- Prepare agenda and rolling notes for steering committee and C2K staff meetings
- Track parent partner timesheet and work schedules
- Process all accounts payable invoices and timesheet for all BEDF approval
- Uplift and maintain C2K and Boston Saves welcome center locations
- Support Director in preparing weekly, monthly annual reports
- Attend and support annual C2K events and city-wide activities to promote Boston Saves and CDtoK
- Develop best practice for playgroup supply orders and delivery to playgroup locations.
- Provide updated administrative process for attendance within C2K programming.
- Collaborates with the City Boston Saves Senior Program Manager and relevant City of Boston and BPS staff to develop annual goals, outcomes and work plan for the initiative
- Manages all day-to-day aspects of the Boston Saves Program component s overseen by BPS including scheduling and ensuring appropriate and effective communications with participants , as needed
- Works to help evaluate implementation efforts and determine how to improve program results, operations, and efficiencies
- Engage the BPS community to hire, train and support the Family Champion Coordinators, Family Champions and the School Coordinators throughout the school year.
- Work with BPS and Boston Saves staff on sharing student and parent data relevant to the project , including executing agreements and data requests, and ensuring that privacy guidelines are being followed;
- Serves as the BPS point of contact for district staff, other City agencies, financial institutions, institutes of higher education, community groups, non-profits, private industry, evaluators, vendors, national stakeholders, other present and potential program partners, and __ most importantly __ participating families and students;
- Work within the Communications options available within BPS (social media, School Messenger, etc) to liaise with BPS families about Boston Saves. This could include sending emails to targeted families about survey participation, emails to teachers about the newly enrolled students being eligible to log in or a welcome to every eligible student's family.
- Helps support schools as they implement student, family, and community outreach and engagement;
- Provides reports with recommendations and findings on the initiative and related efforts
- Manage and track deadlines for the Boston Save initiative including making sure Boston Saves is ready for launch each new school year; facilitating the organization and prioritization of work
- Convenes of a range of short- and long-term Boston Saves projects . This may include undertaking research; tracking trends; preparing presentations; development of meeting agendas; drafting briefing papers and/or compiling pertinent background materials for attendees; preparing summaries of discussion; coordinating logistical arrangements; and ensuring appropriate and effective communications with participants, as needed
- Attends community and school events to promote Boston Saves.
- Participates in weekly Boston Saves team meetings, monthly meetings with our evaluation partner, and other Boston Saves focused meetings as needed.
- Participates as an active member of the Early Childhood department by attending bi-weekly meetings and professional development.
- Collaborates with the Countdown to Kindergarten Team on their family engagement strategy by attending events, information sessions and Team Meetings.
- Collaborates with the Countdown to Kindergarten program manager on enrollment, outreach and marketing strategies for Boston Public Schools.
- Supports Countdown to Kindergarten with summer transition activities in August
- Works with Boston Saves Fellows, interns or volunteers to further the program.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and/or Google sheets and Google surveys
- Ability to work in a team
- Systems thinker who can develop a format that can be leveraged for future projects
- Self-directed and comfortable with working independently
- Flexibility with working remotely and on site
- Ability to execute tasks within a tight timeframe
- Experience creating, implementing, and testing new web-based programs (Google Drive experience also required)
- Comfortable providing technical assistance for computer based projects in the department
The Boston Public Schools, in accordance with its nondiscrimination policies, does not discriminate in its programs, facilities, or employment or educational opportunities on the basis of race, color, age, criminal record (inquiries only), disability, homelessness, sex/gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics or military status, and does not tolerate any form of retaliation, or bias-based intimidation, threat or harassment that demeans individuals' dignity or interferes with their ability to learn or work. Primary Location:
Central Office - Bolling Building - Roxbury (Nubian Square) Shift Type: