Senior Director of Welcome Services, Office of Student, Family and Community Advancement, with direct supervision from the Welcome Center Director. General assignment to one location with flexibility to work at all locations: Roslindale, Roxbury, Dorchester, and East Boston. Work hours may include evenings and Saturdays as required.
General Description and Goals:
The Welcome Centers are hubs of information, communication and system access for current, incoming and prospective Boston Public School families. Each Welcome Center will have a cadre of Specialists who will engage with families and the community in school registration facilitation, assistance, outreach, education and advocacy. Specialists will serve as advocates, instructors, and facilitators for families and schools in meeting the school system's goal of improved student registration with a focus on outstanding customer service. Specialists will work with families to ensure that well-informed school choices are made and that the overall registration process proceeds smoothly and efficiently. They will have knowledge about schools and programs and will be able to assist families with information on bilingual, special, and regular education. Responsibilities:
Qualifications - Required:
- Assist families with student registration and related activities.
- Acquire a knowledge base about schools and resources that will support and inform families in the registration process.
- Follow standard procedures for providing services to families.
- Provide families with accurate information and counsel them about making school choices.
- Maintain appropriate written and computer-based records of all student registration related transactions in the Centers.
- Work collaboratively with all members of the department to ensure successful school choice, registration and transition activities are implemented that maximize support for families.
- Provide outreach to families in a variety of settings.
- Work with volunteers in support of the Center's mission.
- Collaborate with other school system departments to ensure the highest quality of service is available.
- Provide information, referral, and follow-up support for inquiries and complaints.
- Work with other staff at the Welcome Centers during non-peak registration periods to provide services to school, families and the community.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the Director and/or Senior Director.
- Work as a team member with the other Registration and Assignment Specialists.
- Develop a collaborative relationship with schools and school leaders..
Qualifications - Preferred:
- Bachelors' Degree or equivalent education or experience
- Experience working in an education, parent, community, and/or other similarly based organization
- Experience delivering high quality customer service
- Understanding of and empathy for issues facing urban families
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Ability to use technology to meet and expand the goals of the Centers
- This position is subject to the City of Boston residency ordinance
- Current authorization to work in the United States - Candidates must have such authorization by their first day of employment
- Ability to work effectively with second language constituencies
- Experience engaging parents, families and community members in an educational, parent, community, and/or similar organization
- Bilingual with an emphasis on Spanish, Chinese, Haitian Creole, Cape Verdean, Vietnamese or Somali
: Managerial, B22.
The Boston Public Schools, in accordance with its nondiscrimination policies, does not discriminate in its programs, facilities, or employment or educational opportunities on the basis of race, color, age, criminal record (inquiries only), disability, homelessness, sex/gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics or military status, and does not tolerate any form of retaliation, or bias-based intimidation, threat or harassment that demeans individuals' dignity or interferes with their ability to learn or work.