Assists with developing, implementing, and monitoring substance abuse prevention programs; works with families and agency or private practice providers to help plan for youth behavioral health care needs, to include screening to determine the level of need and assisting families in locating and securing services; collaborates with school, department, and county staff to provide prevention programs to students, staff, and families.Location:
Willow Oaks Administrative Center
Substance Abuse Prevention Specialist - OYOPercent Full-Time:
Full TimeContract Length:
220-Day ContractSalary Grade
[Salary Information] :
Unified Scale-Schedule B/Grade 002Pay Frequency:
Special Services, Student Safety & WellnessRe-Adv.
- Bachelor's degree in behavioral health, psychology, social work, nursing, counseling, or a related field.
- Two (2) years of clinical experience working as a counselor and/or experience in substance abuse treatment and working with youth and families in a counseling setting.
- Knowledge of the principles, theories, and methods of behavioral health services and social development of the individual.
- Knowledge of assessment processes and interviewing techniques.
- Knowledge of existing public and private agencies and community resources.
- Ability to apply evidence-based behavioral health treatment methods and social development theory.
- Ability to manage a caseload.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
- Ability to determine levels and limits of confidentiality.
- Ability to establish rapport and maintain effective relationships with students and families within the diverse school community.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, public and private organizations, community groups, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Licensure or certification as a substance abuse counselor.
- Bilingual skills in a language other than English.
Substance Abuse Prevention Specialist (one year only)Job Type: