Below is specific information for you to consider about this position.
Job Title: Associate Educator - Classroom Support - Anishinabe Academy
and Requisition ID number: 98130
Close Date: No established closing date; open until filled
Organizational Unit: Anishinabe Academy (10000004)
Site: Anishinabe (0225)
FTE: .8 FTE - 32 hrs/wk
; this is based on full-time equivalency with 1.0 being full time
Functional Area: Paraprofessional
Resume and Cover Letter are mandatory to apply for any position.
Classroom Support: Assist licensed staff in classrooms to maintain a positive learning environment and reinforce classroom learning.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assist teachers and staff in educational functions and other services to maintain a safe, diverse and productive learning environment; work with students to reinforce classroom learning, educational programs and improve personal skills.
- Assist students in learning processes; reinforce positive behavior, provide individual instruction, encourage socialization and positive communication.
- Monitor and supervise student activities; promote respect, support diversity, explain social norms and disciplinary consequences, de-escalate personal confrontations, and enforce District policies and rules of conduct.
- Monitor students, and record data for academic and behavioral assessments; maintain files, and keeps records of student progress and activities; assure all required written reports are completed and submitted.
One of the following:
- Associate's degree or higher in Education or closely related area
- Completed 90 quarter or 60 semester college credits from an accredited institution
- A passing score of 460 (or higher) on the ParaPro Assessment AND either a high school diploma or a GED certificate (For more information on the ParaPro Assessment, contact Educational Testing Service at 1-800-772-9476 or www.ets.org/parapro )
Two (2) years of professional experience working with children.LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
First Aid, CPR, AED and Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) training may be required.
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee. Final appointment to this position will be contingent upon passing a criminal background check. COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY: Diversity is one of Minneapolis Public Schools core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first and making them college-ready. Diversity of our workforce provides us with a competitive advantage and allows us to better understand, communicate with and educate our diverse student body. Minneapolis Public Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, age, family care leave status, or veteran status.Minneapolis Public Schools strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.