Effective February 27, 2023 - June 30, 2023
The Public Schools of the Tarrytowns seek an energetic leader with a proven record as a teacher leader to fill the position of Interim Assistant Principal. The successful candidate will be a highly qualified instructional leader with the appropriate NY State administrative certification.
This role requires a visible, collaborative leader who will foster a climate that balances high expectations for student learning with the social and emotional needs of the school community.
- Serve as an instructional leader for NYS learning standards.
- Serves as principal in the absence of the principal
- Guides discipline-related matters in accordance with the student code of conduct.
- Promotes high standards of student conduct by working collaboratively with the principal, teachers, and students to develop behavioral expectations and appropriate consequences.
- Communicate with parents and guardians on a regular basis.
- Consult and collaborate with staff on Functional Behavioral Assessments, Behavior Intervention Plans, and Individualized Education Plans.
- Assists in hiring.
- Assists in the evaluation of staff and faculty.
The Tarrytown School District is committed to creating equitable outcomes for all students and staff. The District has an established District Equity Team that meets regularly to promote equity and social justice and to help monitor and address issues of inequity. The ideal candidate will possess both passion, motivation, and experience that will help support the District in this work. Bilingual/Spanish Speaking preferred.
Salary commiserate with experience and appropriate bargaining contract.