WHO ARE WE?
Get to know Texas Virtual Academy at Hallsville (TVAH) !
- About us
- K12 Produces Results
- Texas Virtual Academy at Hallsville
- Behind the scenes
- A Day in the life
K12, a Stride Company, believes in Education for Any One. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the Stride K12 partner school, Texas Virtual Academy of Hallsville . We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of Texas Virtual Academy of Hallsville is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
This position is funded by State Compensatory Education funds. The primary purpose is to manage the state compensatory education positions to support at-risk students and facilitate the success of students by monitoring the effectiveness of staff and programs under state compensatory education.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
This position may perform other duties as assigned in alignment with the SCE program. Duties this position may not perform:
- Manage, develop, and evaluate positions, programs, and materials funded by state compensatory education funds to ensure alignment with the budget and state law.
- Provide coaching to instructional staff who are providing intervention instruction to assigned students.
- Meet with vendors for potential programs and compare to identify appropriate programs or materials that are reasonable and necessary for the SCE program.
- Use data to identify needs of at-risk students.
- Collaborates with school staff and committees to make decisions about the SCE program and ensure alignment of programs with the basic instructional requirements
- Evaluate effectiveness of programs through data tracking and present findings to stakeholders
- Ensure alignment of SCE programs with Campus Improvement Plan (CIP)
- Complete evaluations of assigned staff as part of program effectiveness review
- Support implementation of SCE programs, such as intervention curriculum programs
- Duties related to testing, such as test administration
- Perform legislatively mandated duties or activities that are specifically allocated to a regular education position, such as acting as a campus principal
- Participate in activities or perform duties that would supplement anything other than the regular education program, such as parent/family liaison
Directly supervises 20+ Full-time Equivalent (FTE) regular employees and/or contractors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree AND
- Three (3) years of related experience including managing a team OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
: This position is virtual and strongly prefer residents of Texas. May consider residents of surrounding states.Certificates and Licenses
: Valid Teaching CertificationOTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIOS:
- Strong knowledge of Federal and State (TX) education regulations
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to project manage, adhere to timelines and due dates, and organize data effectively;
- Strong written and verbal communication sills
- Basic knowledge of Texas reporting structure and laws regarding state funding'
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint,); Web proficiency; Proficiency using a student information system and/or similar type of database software
- Ability to travel 10% of the time, as required for training, school-wide professional development and as needed basis
- Ability to clear required background check
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation & Benefits:
- This position is virtual and strongly prefer residents of Texas. May consider residents of surrounding states (NM, OK, AR or LA). This position could include travel up to 20% of the time for face-to-face professional development, student testing, and/or as required by the school.
Stride, Inc. considers a person's education, experience, and qualifications, as well as the position's work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value when determining a new employee's salary level. Salaries will differ based on these factors, the position's level and expected contribution, and the employee's benefits elections. Offers will typically be in the bottom half of the range.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is "at-will" as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the "at-will" nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
- We anticipate the salary range to be $60,476.00 to $95,949.00. The upper end of this range is not likely to be offered, as an individual's compensation can vary based on several factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, geographic location, experience, training, education, and local market conditions. Eligible employees may receive a bonus. Stride offers a robust benefits package for eligible employees that can include health benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.