Non-Exempt COMPENSATION SCHEDULE:
Hourly PAY GRADE:
Our employee benefits package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, long term disability, critical illness insurance, and accident insurance. Visit our website for full details. SUPERVISOR:
Principal or designee. SUMMARY:
This is a three year apprenticeship position in collaboration with Careerwise Marketplace. Under the direction of a licensed staff member, assist students by helping individuals or small groups of students with basic curriculum work, implementing programming, reinforcing learning skills and reinforcing discipline procedures. Assists teachers /administration by performing clerical tasks and/or preparing instructional materials and monitoring students, and evaluating and recording student achievement. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist classroom teacher in preparing materials, administering tests, grading, attendance, etc. Assist with paperwork and documentation as needed. [Daily, 30%]
- Assist students with classroom activities. Assist with curriculum delivery to both individuals and small groups to ensure mastering of subjects. [Daily, 30%]
- Monitor students and reinforce appropriate behavior during various activities such as play, lunch, detention, in-school suspension, in the classroom, or on field trips. [Daily, 20%]
- Perform basic clerical work for the classroom teacher, including typing, stapling, filing, duplicating, taking inventory, scheduling repairs and maintenance, data entry, word processing, laminating, ordering supplies, placing phone calls, materials distribution, and light bookkeeping. [Daily, 10%]
- Assist with other classroom events, such as field trips or fire drills, as necessary. [Monthly, 5%]
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. [Daily, 5%]
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Current Cherry Creek School District student
- Ability to work with adults in a team setting
- Clerical skills
- General office equipment
- Organizational Skills
- Ability to work one-on-one or in small groups with students
- Communication Skills
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Criminal background check and fingerprinting required for hire.
- Frequent bending, reaching, climbing.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort (lifting 25 pounds).
- Eye/hand coordination (e.g., typing, ten key).
- Prolonged standing/walking.
- Concentrated reading/writing/mathematics.
- Normal school district environment.
- Working alone.
- Working with others.
- Overhead work.
- Occasional lifting, pulling and/or pushing.
- Visual concentration.
- May work outdoors when monitoring student activities.
Last Updated: 2020/2021