Principal | The Tunbridge School
- Afya Baltimore Inc.
- Baltimore, Maryland
- $115,230.00 - $134,196.00 per year with extensive benefits available including state pension.
- Job Category
- Administrator, Principal
- Grade Level
- Elementary School, Middle School
- Job Type
Afya Baltimore Inc. (ABI) is seeking a principal for The Tunbridge School, a public charter school in Baltimore City serving 479 students in pre-K through grade eight.
The principal is an instructional leader critical to the acceleration of improved student outcomes through the support and supervision of instructional and school support staff and collaboration with ABI staff. The principal represents Tunbridge as the instructional leader in the community and strives to create a culture of rigorous learning with increased outcomes for all students in alignment with the mission and vision of Afya Baltimore.
- Master’s degrees in education or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Maryland Advanced Professional Certificate with a Principal/Superintendent or Administrator I and II endorsement
- Five years of administrative and/or supervisory experience, including school-based administrative experience
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and exercise swift decision-making, grounded in sound judgment and understanding of nuanced circumstances focused on an unwavering commitment to the diverse learning needs of students
- Demonstrated success in implementing culturally relevant pedagogy and ability to support instructional and school support staff in leading a diverse learning population
- Track record of achieving measurable gains in student achievement resulting from effective leadership
- Demonstrated success in identifying, growing, and leveraging the potential of staff and teams
- Experience in school-based budget preparation and management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including proficiency in the use of computer applications (including Google and Microsoft Office products), email, and mobile technologies
Essential functions of the principal in the areas of Leading Teacher Learning and Development; Managing Talent; Creating and Sustaining Conditions for Learning that Focuses on Instruction and Equity; as well as desired qualities in a principal can be found in detail in this document from the Baltimore City Public School System (BCPSS): https://tinyurl.com/BCPSSJobDescription. For more information about this position and the school please visit https://www.afyabaltimore.org/contact/join-our-team.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert