SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS - BELMONT PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT
About the Process:
- The search is being conducted by The Bryan Group, a leader and organization development firm with a specialty in executive search for senior level education leaders.
- The application deadline is February 6, 2023. Only complete applications will be considered.
- The position starting date is July 1, 2023.
- Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Both traditional education candidates and non-traditional candidates, i.e., proven senior leaders from the business, government (city, state, federal), and non-profit sectors, will be considered.
- Candidate confidentiality is maintained until a candidate is identified as a finalist. All search related materials are destroyed when the search is over, or when a candidate is eliminated at a particular stage in the screening process.
- Finalist credentials and background are thoroughly vetted at the point a candidate is selected as a finalist.
District Make Up:
- BPS currently comprises 6 schools (increasing to 7 next year).
- Student enrollment is 4,378.
- The district employs 538 staff.
- The BPS FY23 Operating Budget is $67,000,000.
- BPS has one school committee with 6 elected members who work collaboratively with the superintendent.
- Current BPS composition: High School (1,364 students); Middle School (1,371 students); Elementary Schools (4 with 1,643 total students, average 411 students per school).
- A new Upper Elementary School (grades 4-6) will open next year.
Required licensure from the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education for the Superintendent of Schools (have or be eligible for licensure by July 1, 2023).
Program Builder and Evaluator
Team Builder and Player
Belmont District Highlights:
- High student achievement.
- Belmont High School consistently ranks among the top 15 high schools in Massachusetts.
- 99.7% high school graduation rate (Cohort 2021 Graduation Rate Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education).
- Butler Elementary School named National Blue Ribbon School for Exemplary High Performance in 2016.
- Great School Committee relations.
- The Belmont Middle High School campus is nearing the end of a multimillion-dollar, 445,100 square foot, state-of-the-art new construction project.
- The current population of the town of Belmont is approximately 28,000 and it is situated 8 miles from Downtown Boston. Median household income $151, 502 (in 2021 dollars), 2017-2021 (US Census).
Providing adequate and sustained support for the increasingly complex and diverse academic and social-emotional needs of Belmont students.
Salary is regionally competitive with commensurate benefits.
For Further Information:
For more information about the Belmont Public School District, visit the district website at https://www.belmont.k12.ma.us/bps/
Position Type: Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer:
It is the policy of the Belmont Public Schools to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, or gender, except where age or sex is a bona fide occupational qualification as allowed by the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Citizenship, residency, or work visa required.
How to Apply:
Submit your application materials directly to TBG at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive confirmation of the receipt of your application materials within a day. Application requirements for both traditional and non-traditional candidates:
- Letter of Interest
- Four reference letters - must be within the past six months
- Four two-page philosophy statements illustrating your knowledge and beliefs regarding each of the following:
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Resume - please include language proficiency/fluency
- Credentials with formal verification - degree (including transcripts), licenses, and certifications
Ali Freeman, The Bryan Group Senior Consultant