High School ELA & Math Tutors (0775)
- University Instructors
- Athens, AL, US
- Job Category
- Teaching, English / Reading / Language Arts Teacher, Reading / Language Arts Teacher, Math Teacher, Support Staff, Tutor
- Grade Level
- High School
University Instructors partners with schools to provide students with purposeful learning experiences led by inspirational educators. If you are committed to having a meaningful impact through instructing students in both one on one and small group settings to enhance student achievement , please apply and a member of our recruiting team will reach out to you with more details .
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you'll :
- Have f amiliarity with a variety of learning platforms and course content, structure, within Grades 9-12 reading/literacy, and/or math.
- Communicate and e ngage with students in a friendly and professional manner .
- Review relevant course information and/or content with students.
- Can respond to student questions in a positive, and supportive manner, and providing detailed explanations so that the student can grasp key course concepts.
- Assist students with test and quiz preparation by reviewing key course concepts.
- Bridge communications between students and teachers regarding specific course content.
- Communicate with UI program management on specific questions regarding relevant course content.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Adherence to professional teaching obligations and maintain subject matter expertise in the specific subject area(s) that you are assisting students in.
- Maintain a n understanding of instructional pedagogies and methodologies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Sound attention to detail.
- Ability to work across multiple subject areas.
- Strong ability to work both independently with little supervision and collaboratively as part of a team
Education and Work Experience
As a successful applicant, you must have a passion for helping students succeed. Additionally, you will need to have the following :
- Hold a bachelor's degree
- Be local to the area
- Two years of education experience preferred
University Instructors, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
We envision a world in which schools, organizations, and communities effectively partner to provide students with purposeful learning experiences led by inspirational educators.
We help students develop the skills, attitudes, & vision to accomplish their dreams and aspirations, and we help school districts build dynamic educator pipelines to ensure all students have great teachers.
We are committed to co-creating and implementing impactful instructional services with our school partners to enhance student achievement and build local talent pipelines.
With 25 years of educational experience our distinguished network of locally-based, highly motivated and caring educators and professionals are committed to providing schools with evidence-based, effective instructional programs as well as providing the resources necessary for staff development, intervention initiatives, program implementation, supplemental instruction, extended day and summer camp programs.
1820 Mare Rd
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert