Principal - Middle School Pool
- Cherry Creek School District No. 5
- Englewood, CO, US
- Job Category
- Administrator, Principal
- Grade Level
- Middle School
Link to https://www.cherrycreekschools.org/Page/2906
Administrator Salary Schedule
Our employee benefits package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, long term disability, critical illness insurance, and accident insurance. Visit our website for full details.
Executive director or designee.
Provide purpose and vision for the school. Demonstrate effective leadership that promotes an exemplary educational program focused on fostering student achievement. Enhance and support growth and academic achievement of all students. Guide the development of an aligned and coherent standards-based instructional system in accordance with the Board of Education policies. Manage the human resources and inspire vision, motivate excellence in instruction, and model service-oriented administration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and assignments may vary based on building assignment, academic year, and school needs. The following frequencies and percentages of time spent are approximations only.
• Articulate the District's values through voice and actions, leading the school, communicating vision for the school, and being the change agent when necessary. Coordinate and ensure the implementation of the District's mission, vision, goals, and strategic initiatives at the school. [Daily, 15%]
• Organize all school operations to include management of personnel, facility management, financial resources, public relationships, and coordination of effective instruction programming with a cohesive master schedule in order to provide a quality learning environment. [Daily, 15%]
• Lead the District-wide commitment to inclusive excellence and eliminating racial disparities in all aspects of middle school education and operations. [Daily, 15%]
• Supervise and evaluate the individual and group performance of the school's personnel. Interview, hire, train, promote, transfer, reward, discipline, and terminate employees. Develop and monitor all members of the staff to build their capacity to meet the learning needs of the students. [Daily, 10%]
• Assess the quality of classroom instruction through monitoring of, being visible to, examining, and communicating with certified personnel. [Daily, 10%]
• Manage the financial resources of the school by developing, administering, monitoring, and coordinating the school's budget including the development and monitoring of grants awarded to the school. [Daily, 5%]
• Uphold federal and state laws, contracts, and District policies. Ensure and oversee that all athletic and activity programs are in accordance with required regulations and regulating agencies. [Daily, 5%]
• Use data to analyze and plan for differentiated support for students and personnel. [Weekly, 10%]
• Communicate and collaborate with stakeholders, including families, and respond to diverse community interests, concerns, and needs. [Monthly, 5%]
• Stay abreast of current research in curriculum, instruction, and assessment. Implement effective instructional practices in accordance with the Board of Education policies. [Monthly, 5%]
• Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. [Daily, 5%]
• Master's degree in Education Administration, Curriculum Leadership, or related field.
• Three (3) years of experience in school administration, school leadership, teaching, or related.
• Basic knowledge of typical office equipment such as telephones, copiers, fax machines, email, etc.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Advanced knowledge of data analysis, curriculum and instruction, budgeting and accounting, special education laws, and master agreement/labor relations.
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
• Advanced interpersonal relations skills.
• Advanced organizational skills.
• Advanced skills in human relations, leadership, and organizational theory.
• Advanced skills in public relations, conflict resolution, and problem solving.
• Advanced skills in dealing with students and staff with diverse needs at various levels.
• Ability to be flexible and patient and adjust to changing priorities.
• Ability to effectively motivate and supervise people.
• Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment, and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
• Ability to promote and follow the Board of Education policies, District policies, and building and department procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
• Willingness to contribute to cultural diversity for educational enrichment.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
All certifications, licenses, and registrations must be valid and unexpired.
• Criminal background check and fingerprinting required for hire.
• Colorado Administrator/Principal License.
• Included in the required experience, one (1) year of teaching experience.
• Linguistically Diverse Education endorsement.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Moderate physical effort (lifting up to 25 pounds).
• Occasional bending and reaching.
• Occasional standing and walking.
• Occasional lifting, pulling, and pushing.
• Close, distance, color, and peripheral vision.
• Visual concentration, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Eye/hand coordination.
• May occasionally be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
• May occasionally be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
• Usually a moderate noise level.
• Normal school district environment.
Last Updated: 2020/2021
***PLEASE UPLOAD COVER LETTER, RESUME, AND REFERENCE LETTERS (3) WITH ONLINE APPLICATION***
The Cherry Creek School District is one of the highest-achieving school districts in Colorado. We educate more than 53,000 children, representing over 150 languages. We serve over 300,000 residents in 108 square miles spreading across eight municipalities: Cherry Hills Village, Centennial, Foxfield, Glendale, Greenwood Village, and portions of Aurora, Englewood, and Denver. We employ over 3,700 teachers who serve in our 67 schools and programs. Ninety-eight percent of our schools rank in the highest category of Accreditation by the Colorado Department of Education.
We are proud of our longstanding national record of excellence in academics, arts, athletics, and activities. It is a testament to the efforts of a supportive community, involved parents, dedicated staff members, and motivated students.
Professional learning opportunities and support for educators are abundant in Cherry Creek, including educator mentorship, new educator orientation, district-level professional learning, and school-based learning teams - all directed toward developing educator craft and increasing student achievement.
We look forward to meeting with you to discuss the many opportunities in our district and the wonderful lifestyle of Colorado.
4700 S YOSEMITE ST
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert