University Instructors (UI) is seeking a dynamic Program Coordinator with a passion for supporting students to lead our K-12 tutoring programs. In this role, you'll work in schools to directly help students overcome learning losses experienced as a result of the pandemic.
University Instructors partners with schools to provide students with purposeful learning experiences led by inspirational educators. If you are committed to co-creating and implementing impactful instructional services for school partners to enhance student achievement and build local talent pipelines, apply now. Responsibilities Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you'll:
- Support a caseload of K-12 schools and serve as a liaison between the UI team, UI tutors, Program Manager, school-level staff, and district staff.
- Act as a mentor for UI tutors by providing direction, support, and encouragement in all aspects of student services.
- Monitor all elements of school program implementation, including but not limited to tutor attendance, performance, material distribution, and student achievement through progress monitoring.
- Lead and facilitate instructor orientation and trainings as needed.
- Manage Site Coordinators and Lead Instructors if applicable.
- Observe tutors during small group instruction. Provide tutors with performance coaching to ensure effective classroom management and growth in student achievement.
- Complete required documentation for school visits.
- Communicate and meet regularly with your supervisor to update them on progress, potential problems, and program concerns.
- Inform your supervisor about changes at schools you support. This might look like program observations related to school administration and staff concerns, tutor performance and attendance, changes to a program's setup, or effectiveness of the program.
- Provide tutors with effective solutions to behavioral or educational problems arising during student instruction following UI best practices.
- Oversee completion, collection, and distribution of mid-program and end-of-program reports and surveys.
- Review and approve tutors' timecards submissions for payment.
- C ollaboration among UI teams (Business Development, Recruiting, Curriculum, Logistics, and Accounting) and clients (district partners and leaders at schools you support).
- Keep open lines of communication with newly recommended tutors throughout their orientation and training to ensure all program details have been confirmed.
Knowledge and Skills
- Maintain a positive rapport with school administration and staff.
- Attend client meetings when appropriate.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- An understanding of instructional pedagogies and methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills
- Good time management and organizational skills, including prioritizing, scheduling, and adapting as necessary
Qualifications Education and Work Experience
- The ability to meet deadlines
- Strong ability to work both independently with little supervision and collaboratively as part of a writing team
As a successful applicant, you must have a passion for advocating for and helping students succeed. Additionally, you will need to:
- Hold a bachelor's degree AND
- Commit to working 35-40 hours each week AND
- Demonstrate ONE of the following: 1) At least 2-3 years of experience working in a K-12 educational setting OR 2) Any similar combination of education and experience.
University Instructors, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.