Program Manager (0775)
- University Instructors
- Athens, AL, US
- Job Category
- Product, Services & Policy, Program Manager / Specialist
University Instructors partners with schools to provide students with purposeful learning experiences led by inspirational educators. If you are committed to co-creating and implementing impactful instructional services for school partners to enhance student achievement and build local talent pipelines, apply now.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you'll:
- Support a caseload of K-12 schools and serve as a liaison between the UI team, UI tutors, school-level staff, and district staff.
- Act as a mentor for UI tutors by providing direction, support, and encouragement in all aspects of student services.
- Monitor all elements of school program implementation, including but not limited to tutor attendance, performance, material distribution, and student achievement through progress monitoring.
- Lead and facilitate instructor orientation and trainings as needed.
- Manage Site Coordinators and Lead Instructors if applicable.
- Observe tutors during small group instruction. Provide tutors with performance coaching to ensure effective classroom management and growth in student achievement.
- Complete required documentation for school visits.
- Communicate and meet regularly with your supervisor to update them on progress, potential problems, and program concerns.
- Inform your supervisor about changes at schools you support. This might look like program observations related to school administration and staff concerns, tutor performance and attendance, changes to a program's setup, or effectiveness of the program.
- Provide tutors with effective solutions to behavioral or educational problems arising during student instruction following UI best practices.
- Oversee completion, collection, and distribution of mid-program and end-of-program reports and surveys.
- Review and approve tutors' timecards submissions for payment.
- Lead the collaboration among UI teams (Business Development, Recruiting, Curriculum, Logistics, and Accounting) and clients (district partners and leaders at schools you support).
- Confirm and assign tutors to school locations account for partnership with clients and their needs.
- Partner with UI Recruiting Specialists to place newly recommended tutors.
- Keep open lines of communication with newly recommended tutors throughout their orientation and training to ensure all program details have been confirmed.
- Maintain a positive rapport with school administration and staff.
- Attend client meetings when appropriate.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- An understanding of instructional pedagogies and methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills
- Good time management and organizational skills, including prioritizing, scheduling, and adapting as necessary
- The ability to meet deadlines
- Strong ability to work both independently with little supervision and collaboratively as part of a writing team
Education and Work Experience
As a successful applicant, you must have a passion for advocating for and helping students succeed. Additionally, you will need to:
- Hold a bachelor's degree AND
- Commit to working 35-40 hours each week AND
- Demonstrate ONE of the following: 1) At least 2-3 years of experience working in a K-12 educational setting OR 2) Any similar combination of education and experience.
University Instructors LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We envision a world in which schools, organizations, and communities effectively partner to provide students with purposeful learning experiences led by inspirational educators.
We help students develop the skills, attitudes, & vision to accomplish their dreams and aspirations, and we help school districts build dynamic educator pipelines to ensure all students have great teachers.
We are committed to co-creating and implementing impactful instructional services with our school partners to enhance student achievement and build local talent pipelines.
With 25 years of educational experience our distinguished network of locally-based, highly motivated and caring educators and professionals are committed to providing schools with evidence-based, effective instructional programs as well as providing the resources necessary for staff development, intervention initiatives, program implementation, supplemental instruction, extended day and summer camp programs.
1820 Mare Rd
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert