Non Instructional - Admin - Central OfficeDate Posted:
Facilities Management -344NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES 765 BROAD STREET, NEWARK, NEW JERSEY 07102 ROGER LEÓN, SUPERINTENDENT Executive Director Office of Facilities Management (Pending availability of funds and Board of Education approval)
The Superintendent invites qualified and interested persons to apply for the position of Executive Director
within the Office of Facilities Management. DEFINITION
The Executive Director of Facilities oversees all construction management, facilities, maintenance, custodial and other operational divisions of the school district as assigned. This position manages the day-to-day operations of the District's facilities including but not limited to planning, organizing and directing the maintenance, repair and alteration of district buildings and grounds; serving as the district representative in planning and developing facilities and new construction; ensuring that jobs are completed efficiently and within regulatory guidelines and projected deadlines; preparing and managing the annual budgets for the maintenance, grounds and custodial departments; and ensuring optimal utilization of personnel and other resources. The Executive Director of Facilities oversees those persons and offices reporting directly to the position including the offices of Project Control, Design Services, Field Operations, Environmental and Custodial Services. The Executive Director of Facilities reports directly to the Assistant School Business Administrator. QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's degree in Facilities Management, Public Administration, Business or related field from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Meet the requirements of a "Certified Educational Facilities Manager" pursuant to N.J.S.A 18A:17-49.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in facility maintenance, design and construction, custodial operation functions and/or property management, overseeing multiple school buildings consisting of over five (5) million square feet of space total, with a minimum of five (5) years in a supervisory capacity.
- Currently possess or be in the process of obtaining a NJ Black Seal or higher license.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Develop and administer plans for the facilities operations and other related services through delegation to assigned supervisory personnel.
- Lead, organize, manage, and supervise all maintenance and custodial operations of the district in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and Board of Education policies and procedures.
- Provide overall leadership and coordination to the District's physical infrastructure to ensure optimal integration, collaboration and cost efficiency in the development and implementation of operating plans, systems and procedures.
- Develop and implement the multi-year Comprehensive Maintenance Plan (N.J.A.C. 6:8-4.9(a)7) that is both corrective and preventative for the upkeep of all facilities, grounds, and the major facilities systems (HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, environmental, and structural) of the district. Provide an efficient work order system for repairs of facilities and equipment that ensures that all maintenance and repairs are completed in a timely fashion, and provide regular work order status reports to the Assistant Schools Business Administrator and principals of the buildings. Recommend facility improvement and modernization to improve the systems, equipment, and facilities of the district.
- Oversee and evaluate all District's facilities management and operations.
- Oversee the development and maintain comprehensive facilities Long Range Facilities Plan and Master Plan incorporating all facilities and real estate assets, advise executive management on strategic and tactical facility planning and/or development, facility space use and other matters involving the use of physical assets, ensure that the Master Plan remains consistent with the District's overall strategic plan.
- Develop and manage annual budgets for all departments under the position's oversight.
- Conduct regular inspections of all school facilities, grounds, and equipment to ensure that high standards for cleanliness, attractiveness and safety are maintained. Recommend to the Assistant School Business Administrator any improvements needed.
- Assist the Superintendent and the School Business Administrator with the development and annual review of the district's Long Range Facilities Plan (N.J.A.C. 6A Chapter 26, Subchapter2).
- Establish department policies and procedures in collaboration with Assistant School Business Administrator for the effective utilization of available funds, personnel, equipment, materials and supplies necessary to maintain the established and on-going activities of the facilities operations.
- Review and evaluate ongoing facility maintenance, design and construction, and custodial programs for efficiency, effectiveness, and suitability to current conditions.
- Assist in the development of a capital planning and tracking process through which clear goals and priorities in the capital projects area are established and which provides a system for monitoring progress against stated goals on a project by project basis.
- Work collaboratively with the Directors of Facility Maintenance and/or Special Assistant and Design Services to develop and implement an effective preventative maintenance program.
- Oversee the development of policies and procedures for each of the Facilities departments.
- Make recommendations to the Assistant School Business Administrator regarding changes in organizational structure or established lines of authority.
- Oversee the development of all reports and documents that require the Superintendent's approval.
- Perform all other responsibilities consistent with the department's goals in order to meet the needs of the district schools or other Central Office Departments.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of construction codes, health and safety regulations, financial and management practices, purchasing, supervision and motivation of personnel, and state and local regulations regarding the maintenance of school buildings and equipment.
- Knowledgeable of NJ Civil Service Rules & Regulations preferred and ability to work with multiple unions.
- Working knowledge of AHERA, IAQ, IPM and Lead/Copper Regulations.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) & Computer Maintenance Management Systems.
- Familiar with ESIP and Solar PPA projects.
- Demonstrate a high degree of initiative in resolving problems, and developing and implementing solutions in an independent manner.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Demonstrate superior interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Strong ability to think strategically and creatively to strike right tone when working through complex issues with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to lead and promote change in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet concurrent deadlines.
- Ability to generate and interpret financial district and department reports.
- Knowledge of accepted business practice in school districts related to budget preparation and administration.
Assistant School Business Administrator SALARY, EMPLOYMENT PERIOD & UNION AFFILIATION
HOW TO APPLY
- Salary: Compensation is competitive and based on experience. The expected salary range for this position is $115,000 - $150,000
- Employment Period: Twelve (12) Months
- Union Affiliation: Unaffiliated
Newark Board of Education only accepts electronic applications. OPEN AND CLOSE DATES
Opening Date: November 19, 2021
Closing Date: Open Until FilledNEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER