The Sec. Math Specialist at Times 2 will works in small groups or individually with students who need additional support. Will provides support and training to classroom teachers in math.
The Specialist designs identification and intervention procedures for students in need of support. EDUCATION TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Master's Degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in math (preferred).RIDE Requirements
Sec. Math 7-12 with MS Math Ext. 5-8 or Sec. Math 7-12 or PK-12 Math Specialist
ESL Preferred DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND CURRICULAR LINKAGES
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS STANDARDS
- Leads the development and implementation of the intervention program in math to address local and state mandates and priorities.
- Participates in the development and pilot of new and revised Times2 resources and assessments.
- Reviews best practices, recent literature, and research studies and report. Evaluates findings and suggests changes or modifications to improve existing programs. Applies information/results of research and studies to instructional program.
- Plans and leads school-based meetings of middle school math teachers.
- Provides leadership in design and delivery of professional development training activities for teachers to promote innovative teaching approaches and techniques.
- Work with STEM Curriculum Integration Specialist and school staff in monitoring and evaluating implementation of the middle school math instructional program, advises principals, resource teachers, and classroom teachers regarding instructionally related concerns, problems, and or adjustments to new situations/curriculum.
- Collects data and prepares responses to request for information; interprets the curriculum and instructional program to the Board, staff, parents, and community; keeps abreast of latest research, developments, and techniques in math; maintains liaison with Rhode Island Department of Education, colleges and universities, appropriate professional organization, and other groups or individuals who influence the quality or direction of the instruction program.
- Plans and coordinates activities that involve parents, community, and business sector in support of curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Manages special district programs, including summer and/or extracurricular activities related to math; makes presentations to interested staff and community groups.
- Collaborates with other districts offices and departments, community organizations, and institutions of higher education to develop integrated curricular units and assessments.
- Under direction performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in math (preferred).
- 5 years outstanding teaching or related experience in math preferred.
- Successful recent leadership experiences in assessing program needs, curriculum development, program implementation and staff training; or other combinations of applicable education, training and experience which provides the knowledge, abilities and skills necessary to perform effectively in the position may be considered.
- Experience with computers and instructional technology application.
- Experience using instructional technology to support teaching and learning, curriculum development, staff training, and program and student accountability.
- You must complete the new hire compliance training prior to your first day of employment
- Bilingual Preferred
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check. Selected candidates cannot begin work until passing their background check.
We offer a complete benefits package to full-time employees including health care, dental, vision, retirement, deferred compensation plans, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, holidays, and Personal Time Off (PTO).