The purpose of this position is to support the Facilities Planning Director with developing specific facility analysis and design as it relates to improving existing and/or planning new school facilities.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Provides leadership in the programming, planning, and design stages by collaborating with District Leadership, architects, engineers, data professionals, and other involved parties; assisting in the development of future bond packages when needed.
- Schedules and coordinates projects in logical steps and allocate time necessary to meet each deadline.
- Communicates with involved parties concerning all aspects of information that lead to the programming and planning of existing and new facilities.
- Participates in community meetings to collect additional information when necessary.
- Using available data, creates presentations and reports for internal and external clients/teams based on recommendations and findings.
- Collaborates with District Leadership, school staff, subject matter experts, and community to discuss, provide insight, and resolve issues/concerns when such arise.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with a variety of people, including District Leadership/Administration, supervisors, coworkers, community members and other professionals related to their daily activities.
- Ability and willingness to self-start and learn new skills related to commercial construction project management Ensures adherence to budget by issuing purchase orders for needed work and approving invoices with appropriate cost tracking codes for services provided.
- Plans, coordinates, organizes, oversees, and directs activities regarding the construction and maintenance of assigned projects: including utility connections, road improvements, and installation of phone, data, security, other technology, and project move-in/occupancy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and experience with efficiently and effectively organizing groups of people and hosting open forum discussions to collect, organize, and develop project specific details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations with fluctuating priorities and opinions
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Knowledge of and experience in construction and maintenance project management
- Ability to manage large financial budgets via issuing purchase orders, approving invoices, and track all associated costs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite:
- Excel Spreadsheets: creating tools, tabulated data sets, charts and graphs
- PowerPoint: creating project status update presentations
- Word: drafting internal memos and project documents
- Outlook: e-mail correspondence
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Thorough understanding of Elementary, Middle, and High School operations, staffing, schedules, instruction, and programming (regular, Title I, Magnet, etc.).
- Analyze student achievement data and other data sources to identify areas of school improvement. Ability to demonstrate previous experience in strengthening teacher and staff capacity to cultivate and sustain meaningful partnerships with families of diverse backgrounds and with community members that supports student achievement and well-being and manage partnerships.
- Thorough understanding of construction and design principles including contracts, engineering, architectural and other construction drawings (printed and electronics), specifications and regulations.
- Minimum: Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or closely related field and two years related work experience, OR Associate's Degree in a relevant degree program and four years' engineering, construction or design work experience, OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Desirable: Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Facilities Management, Engineering or related field AND four years' construction and design work experience that includes two years of supervisory/project management experience.CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS:
Certification as a Project Management Professional or as a Construction Manager from an accredited institution or association; or master's degree from an accredited institutionPay Grade OSM2 - Full-Time - Minimum Monthly Salary $5,488.33When applying, please make sure to include all prior experience in your application.Please provide at least two references. One must be the current or most recent supervisor and the other a previous supervisor.