WHO ARE WE?
Get to know Insight PA Cyber Charter School (ISPA)!
- About us
- K12 Produces Results
- Insight PA Cyber Charter School
- Behind the scenes
- A Day in the life
K12, a Stride Company, believes in Education for ANY ONE. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the Stride K12 partner school, Insight PA Cyber Charter School. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of Insight PA Cyber Charter School is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
The Special Education Teacher at Insight PA Cyber Charter School is a PDE certified instructor responsible for delivering specially designed instruction and maintaining IEP compliance for students with disabilities. Insight PA Special Education Teachers are assigned a designated caseload of students for whom they are accountable for assuring IEP compliance. Instructional supports for students with disabilities is commonly a collaboration between Special Education Teachers by content or specialty area as specially designed instructional needs may apply.
Insight PA Special Education Teachers generally work remotely, but all staff are required to travel occasionally throughout the year for professional development, state testing and scheduled all-school functions.This is a full-time position. Ability to work independently, typically 40+ hours per week is required. Ability to maintain a professional home office without distraction during workday, typically 9-5 (or 8-4) or as defined by the school. Essential Functions:
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to the Special Education Teacher position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required; other duties may be assigned as department needs arise.
The Special Education Teacher generally:
- Serves as a school-based special education case manager for designated caseload compliance
- Works with students individually or in groups providing specially designed instruction for skill development and remediation
- Continuously communicates with students, families, therapists, and Learning Coaches regarding any programming enhancements, barriers, and/or recommendations as appropriate
- Maintains routines for scheduling progress monitoring sessions with students and tracking student data for communicating measurable growth toward goal attainment to families
- Coordinates with essential IEP team members & facilitates IEP team meetings for annual reviews and/or revisions when warranted
- Commits to fully understanding students' interests, unique disability profiles, and prior educational experiences, to build relationships & promote consistent engagement in school routines
- Utilizes professional judgement and content knowledge to address potential changes in student performance when compared to prior records, for consideration of the IEP amongst team members
- Incorporates relevant tools & available program resources to develop relevant IEP goals and methods for monitoring progress to measure growth on social-emotional and/or functional goal areas
- Maintains accountability for establishing caseload student to ensure provisions of FAPE outlined within student IEPs
- Attends professional development, state testing, or other all staff events (some travel required)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Special Education (or closely related field) AND
- Active PDE Instructional I Certification in Special Education
- All state & federal clearances required by PDE for school-based personnel
: Special EducationResidency Requirement:
Must be a resident of PennsylvaniaMinimum Required Skill Set
- Exceptional communication and self-management skills with the ability to work autonomously and collaboratively to perform essential case management duties
- High level of energy, enthusiasm, and creativity in developing and supporting student engagement in pursuit of achieving their educational goals
- Well-developed technical skillset with computer-based programs and daily organizational tools to prioritize tasks effectively
- Effective use of instructional strategies for students with varied disability profiles requiring specially designed instruction in both academic and non-academic skill areas
- High proficiency in continuous analysis of student performance data to ensure prioritization of essential
Certifications and Credentials
- Proficiency in computer-based web applications, databases, spreadsheet reports, virtual collaboration software, and other multi-media solutions
- Comprehensive instructional knowledge and relevant work experience in a special education setting
- Strong expertise in IEP goal development based on continuous data collection & analysis
- Department of Human Services Child Abuse History Clearance
- Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Records Check
- Federal Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) - Dept of Education ONLY
- Clearance with Act 168 Employment History Review
- Letter(s) of recommendation upon request
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Performance Requirements
- This position can be performed as a home-based position, though in-office reporting may be requested when necessary.
- The noise level in the office setting is usually moderate (computers, printers, light foot traffic).
- Remote workers are required to arrange Childcare for young children at home per our Remote Worker policy in the Employee Handbook.
- This position could include limited travel and could include limited overnight travel. This is estimated to be less than 10% of the cumulative 10-month school year.
The mental and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is "at-will" as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the "at-will" nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to exhibit mental dexterity to "dial" a telephone, to enter data into a computer, to read a computer screen and printed material, to hear and understand speech at normal office/workplace levels, and on the telephone, and to speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in the workplace and on the telephone.
- Ability to physically lift up to 10 pounds.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.