The Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population - students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
This is a Management Service position and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.GRADE
19 LOCATION OF POSITION
200 West Baltimore Street. Baltimore, MD 21201 Main Purpose of Job
The Coordinator, Grants Administration and Compliance reports to the Program Manager in the Office of Grants Administration and Compliance. The office is responsible for overseeing all discretionary and formula grants processes and systems to ensure fiscal goals and objectives are met annually in alignment with MSDE's multiyear strategic plan and Blueprint for Maryland's Future initiatives. The coordinator will serve as the lead facilitator for all assigned federal and/or state grant program and fund activities. POSITION DUTIES
- Oversees the facilitation of and supports cross-functional work groups composed of MSDE divisional staff to develop assigned grant program and fund objectives, work plans, budgets, and other related financial details of grant applications.
- Implements and facilitates all grant application activities through the life of each assigned grant program and fund cycle (i.e., application development; application collection and review systems and processes; negotiation and disbursements; monitoring; interim and final reporting; etc.).
- Develops and implements ongoing grantee and stakeholder support services (i.e., application workshops; grant program and fund marketing and awareness sessions; etc.).
- Ensures compliance activities are executed for each assigned grant program and fund and when necessary, corrective actions plans are development and implemented.
- Analyzes and facilitates the review for a large number of grant applications annually and ensures compliance with applicable state and federal fiscal and programmatic requirements, laws, regulations, guidance, and standards.
- Provides on-demand guidance and assistance to stakeholders regarding MSDE grant administration, policies, and procedures for state and federal grant programs and funds. Work involves extensive communication, clarification, and negotiation with grant sub-recipients regarding specific grant program and fund requirements and budget details.
Experience: Four years of related experience in coordinating or administering education programs or services.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a master's degree from an accredited college or university for the required experience.SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must consent to State and FBI (CJIS) background check as a routine procedure for all employees. Proof of eligibility to work in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act and occasional travel throughout the state are required. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment SELECTION PROCESS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.BENEFITSSTATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS
It is preferred that applicants complete the MD State Government online application for employment -AND- submit their professional resume. The application must clearly demonstrate that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position. If the applicant is unable to apply online, paper applications can be obtained from the link below and mailed to MSDE Office of Human Resources, 200 W. Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201. If there is a supplemental questionnaire, this must be completed and sent in with your paper application, if you are unable to apply online.
Please do not put "See Resume" in the job duties section of your application; your application will not be considered.
All application materials must be received in our office by the closing date. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications must be complete to be considered including all related job duties, even if those are also listed on an attached resume. Additional required materials may be uploaded with the online application or mailed to the address listed.
Inquiries can be made to 410-767-0019 TDD 410-333-3045. Appropriate accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.
Proof of eligibility to work is required in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.