Instructional -Admin - Central Office/Supervisor Student Support SeDate Posted:
Student Services - 443
(High-Needs School) NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES 765 BROAD STREET, NEWARK, NEW JERSEY 07102 ROGER LEÓN, DISTRICT SUPERINTENDENTAnnouncement of VacancySupervisor - Student Support Services
(Pending availability of funds and Superintendent's approval)
The Superintendent invites qualified and interested persons to apply for the position of Supervisor - Student Support Services.Qualifications
Responsibilities I. Management and Coaching of Instructional Staff
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university.
- New Jersey Principal Certificate (Preferred).
- New Jersey Supervisor Certificate.
- Valid New Jersey Student Support Services Certificate.
- Minimum of three (3) years of successful experience in school or district level administration.
- Minimum of four (4) years successful experience in Student Support Services.
- Knowledge of New Jersey Student Learning Standards for curriculum, assessment and instruction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of subject specialty and effective teaching methods.
- Ability to plan, organize and administer a District-level professional development program.
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status. *As defined in N.J.A.C. 6A:9-9 Instructional certificates.
II. Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
- Observes, coaches, and evaluates Teachers and Department Chairs, and provides ongoing professional development for targeted improvement in identified growth areas.
- Provides constructive feedback to Principals, Vice Principals, and Department Chairs on the improvement of student achievement and effective implementation of the Student Support Services curricular programs.
- Monitors all Teach NJ Educator Effectiveness activities (IPDP/CAP, observations, and evaluations) of Department Chairs of Student Support Services and Teachers of Student Support Services.
- Validates evaluation ratings of Department Chairs of Student Support Services.
- Assumes the orientation and mentor responsibilities of all novice Department Chairs of Student Support Services and monitors the orientation and mentorship of novice Teachers.
- Leverages Department Chairs of Student Support Services, Teacher Coaches, and Academic Interventionists to reach maximum implementation of District approved curricular guides and intervention strategies by providing monthly and quarterly ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Synthesizes all Student Support Services achievement quarterly reports from Department Chairs of Student Support Services and provide a comprehensive review and presentation at various forums throughout the school year.
III. Organizational Leadership
- Serves as a lead in the area of Student Support Services.
- Authors, updates, and furnishes rigorous Student Support Services curriculum guides, units of study, bridge manuals, and technological resources to the district.
- Supports district's textbook adoption committee and process ensuring all curricular resources and supplements are fully vetted; meeting state standards and the diverse needs of all students.
- Supports in the development of a comprehensive strategy to guarantee an accurate inventory and timely distribution of all curricular resources.
- Supports in the development of all Student Support Services diagnostics, interim assessments, district assessments, mid-term and final exams.
- Collaborates with the Supervisors of Bilingual and ESL services, and the Special Assistants of Special Education to ensure curriculum guides, units of study, resources, and assessments are tailored for all learners.
- Collaborates with all District Directors and Supervisors to ensure curriculum guides, units of study, resources, and assessments are aligned to State Standards and result in interdisciplinary opportunities.
- Establishes and executes organizational systems and strategies to monitor Department Chairs, Teacher Coaches, and district goals.
- Develops and monitors strategies for high level collaboration among faculty and staff.
- Communicates effectively and maintains a positive disposition in all circumstances to ensure an outcome that promotes student academic achievement, staff professional development, and District-wide success.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Department Director or Assistant Superintendent of Student Support Services.
Director of Student Support ServicesSalary, Terms & Affiliation
Salary Range: $98,000 - $134,000
Employment period: 12-Month
Affiliation: City Association of Supervisors and Administrators (C.A.S.A.)How To Apply
Newark Board of Education only accepts electronic applications. Open and Close Dates
Open: July 30, 2020
Closed: Until FilledEqual Employment Opportunity
THE NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER