Instructional -Admin - Central Office/Supervisor of Staff DevelopmenDate Posted:
Instructional Staff Development - 430
NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION
HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES
765 BROAD STREET, NEWARK, NEW JERSEY 07102
ROGER LEON, SUPERINTENDENT
Office of Staff Development
(Pending availability of funds and Superintendent's approval)
The Superintendent invites qualified and interested persons to apply for the position of Supervisor, Office of Staff Development. Qualifications
- Master's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- New Jersey Permanent Supervisor's Certificate.
- A minimum of five (5) years successful teaching experience.
- Two (2) years in a position which involves professional development preferred, i.e. literacy or mathematics coach, PLC chairperson, PD committee chairperson, grade level chairperson, etc.
- Knowledge of the New Jersey Professional Standards for Teachers and School Leaders, the New Jersey Professional Development Standards, and the New Jersey Student Learning Standards
- Knowledge of "Best Practices" as identified in research.
Serves as a leader in the field of Professional Development, and has the knowledge and skills to support the strategic goal of increasing student achievement by supporting the continuous professional growth of teachers and school leaders. Note
The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular individual working in this title may not perform all duties listed in this job specification. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed. Responsibilities
- Supports the Director of Staff Development (Instructional)
- Support the development of district leaders through monthly conferences.
- Support the Deputy Superintendent's initiatives in Academic Services.
- Collaborate with Academic Services and Office of Planning, Evaluation, and Testing to ensure that staff development initiatives are based on student achievement data.
- Provide orientation and on-going support for novice teachers.
- Provide on-going support to Mentor Teachers.
- Ensure that all NBOE school leaders and teachers are made aware of professional development requirements set forth by the State of New Jersey and are informed of professional development opportunities.
- Facilitate the continual learning of school leaders and teachers through collaborative enterprises with area colleges and universities, i.e. student intern and student teacher placements.
- Facilitate the work of district committees involved in professional development activities.
- Oversee the implementation of a support program for veteran teachers.
- Support outside consultants contracted to provide professional development services to the district.
- Respond to requests from principals and department heads for the creation of customized professional development and facilitation services.
- Observe, support and evaluate office personnel as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Think strategically.
- Write and speak effectively.
- Motivate and direct other staff members.
- Function as a team player in a variety of district collaborative teams.
- Facilitate the learning of district teachers and school leaders in a variety of venues.
- Perform other job- related duties as required.
- Ability to function as team player in a variety of district collaborative teams.
- Ability to facilitate the learning of district teachers and school leaders in a variety of venues.
- Thorough knowledge of best practices in professional development.
- Effective writing and speaking skills.
- Knowledge of New Jersey requirements for continuing professional development for teachers and school leaders.
DIRECTOR OF STAFF DEVELOPMENT Salary, Terms & Affiliation
1. Salary Range: $91,943 - $112,869
2. Employment Period: Twelve (12) Months
3. Union Affiliation: C.A.S.A. (City Association of Supervisors and Administrators)
*Salary subject to change pending CASA contract negotiations. Open and Close Dates
OPENING DATE: May 28, 2021
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
JOB ID: 620 HOW TO APPLY
Newark Public Schools is only accepting electronic applications.
THE NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION IS AN
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER