Instructional -Admin - Central Office/Spec Assist - InstructionalDate Posted:
High School Leadership Team - 403NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES 765 BROAD STREET, NEWARK, NEW JERSEY 07102 ROGER LEÓN, DISTRICT SUPERINTENDENTAnnouncement of VacancySpecial Assistant
High School Leadership Team
(Pending availability of funds and Board of Education approval)
The Superintendent invites qualified and interested persons to apply for the position of Special Assistant
within the High School Leadership Team.Qualifications Education
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university.
- New Jersey Department of Education Principal Certificate.
- New Jersey Department of Education Teaching Certificate.
- Five (5) or more years of teaching experience plus three (3) years of administrative experience.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Assists in assessing the educational, financial and managerial needs of the schools.
- Assists in planning and implementing staff development and transferring skills to principals and teachers.
- Provides technical assistance to principals and teachers.
- Communicates information between schools and school leadership teams.
- Facilitates obtaining resources from Central Office.
- Proactively identifies and implements steps to achieve the goals of this position and the mission, goals and objectives of the specific office or department and of the Newark Public Schools.
- Evaluate teachers and provide ongoing coaching and support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and theories of education.
- Knowledge of standard and innovative teacher training practice and considerable knowledge of the principles, practices and coordination methods as they apply to education program management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with administrative and school site personnel.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise correspondence and reports containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
Assistant Superintendent Salary, Terms & Affiliation
Salary Ranges: $104,500 - $136,000
Employment Period: Twelve (12) months
Union Affiliation: Unaffiliated How To Apply
Newark Board of Education only accepts electronic applications.Open and Close Dates
Opening Date: July 15, 2020
Closing Date: Until FilledEqual Employment Opportunity
THE NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER