Instructional -Admin - Central Office/Spec Assist - InstructionalDate Posted:
Human Resource Services - 404NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES
765 BROAD STREET, NEWARK, NEW JERSEY 07102 ROGER LEÓN, DISTRICT SUPERINTENDENT Announcement of Vacancy Special Assistant Human Resource Services (Pending availability of funds and Board of Education approval)
The Superintendent invites qualified and interested persons to apply for the position of Special Assistant within Human Resource Services Qualifications Education:
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Educational Leadership
- Standard Supervisor Certificate and/or Principal CE
- Standard Principal Certificate Preferred and/ or School Administrator Certification Preferred university.
- 3-5 years of teaching experience plus a minimum of 3 years' experience in Educational Leadership experience both school based and central office including Vice - Principal and/or Principal.
- Preferred to have a candidate that has at least 2 years of organizational management experiences with an emphasis on Human Resource Services experiences.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Possesses understanding ad experience of Certification requirements for instructional compliance
- Possesses understanding and experience of how to support employee services and make recommendations for improvement for efficiency throughout.
- Possesses understanding and experience of basic labor processes and collaboration with bargaining units.
- Possesses understanding ad experience with mitigating labor disputes and processes associated with it.
- Provides technical assistance to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resource Services and executive staff.
- Coordinates special projects across various departments within the Central Office; with a particular focus on supporting the Staffing and Recruiting Department.
- Synthesizes short & long term strategic goals and advises executive leadership on task prioritization.
- Assesses capacity gaps and liaises with external stakeholders to support strategic directives.
- Provides technical assistance to principals and teachers.
- Communicates information between schools and school leadership teams.
- Facilitates obtaining resources from the Central Office departments.
- Proactively identifies and implements steps to achieve the goals of this position and the mission, goals and objectives of the specific office or department and of the Newark Public Schools.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and theories of education.
- Knowledge of standard and innovative teacher training practice and considerable knowledge of the principles, practices and coordination methods as they apply to education program management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with administrative and school site personnel.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise correspondence and reports containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- High level of technology skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) and Google Suites.
- Human Resources software (PeopleSoft, Frontline, Whetstone)
Assistant Superintendent of Human Resource Services Salary, Terms & Affiliation
Salary Ranges: $104,500 - $136,000
Employment Period: Twelv
e (12) months
Union Affiliation: Unaffiliated
HOW TO APPLY
Newark Board of Education only accepts electronic applications. Open and Close Dates
Opening Date: July 15, 2020
Closing Date: Until Filled
Job ID: 577 THE NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER