Instructional - Other Titles/Social WorkerDate Posted:
Special Education -408NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES 765 BROAD STREET, NEWARK, NEW JERSEY 07102 ROGER LEÓN, DISTRICT SUPERINTENDENTAnnouncement of VacancySOCIAL WORKER
Office of Special Education
(Pending availability of funds and Board of Education approval)
The Superintendent invites all qualified and interested persons to apply for the position of Social Worker within the Office of Special Education.Qualifications
- Master's degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university.
- New Jersey Permanent School Social Worker certificate.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker preferred.
- Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long as they can perform the essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodation is made for their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
- Confer with and support teachers in planning strategies, adapting teaching practices and making modifications that will assist children in meeting the Teaching and Learning Expectations: Standards of Quality.
- Conduct regular, periodic visits to classrooms, to observe and model appropriate strategies and interventions.
- Observe, provide feedback, and make recommendations regarding application of strategies, classroom modifications, and the selection of adaptive materials and equipment for use in the classroom and other learning environments.
- Coordinate meetings in which professionals in all disciplines and families where appropriate, have the opportunity to consult, collaborate, and plan as a team.
- Assist teachers with strategies for involving and educating families.
- Gather data related to the performance of identified youngsters through interview of students, parents, school staff, and contact with social service, mental health agencies and hospital centers and other individuals and agencies having knowledge of the student.
- Generate written professional reports.
- Actively participate in CST meetings to determine the need for eligibility, programs, and the development of an Individualized Educational Program (IEP).
- Knowledgeable about and adheres to the State and Federal regulations and established departmental procedures.
- Serve as a resource to families, students and school/center staff to assist in the dissemination of information, referral for services and the development of program planning.
- Monitor the progress of pupils with their jurisdiction.
- Foster positive relationships with staff, school administrators, teachers, students and parent
- Maintain and report at required intervals accurate statistical data related to productivity and case responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Executive Director, Office of Special EducationSalary, Terms & Affiliation
- Salary: $58,382 - $100,426
- Employment Period: Ten (10) Months
- Affiliation: Newark Teacher's Union (NTU)
*Salary subject to change pending NTU contract negotiations.How To Apply
Newark Board of Education only accepts electronic applications.Open and Close Dates
OPENING DATE: October 7, 2020
CLOSING DATE: Until FilledEqual Employment Opportunity
THE NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYEE