Instructional - Other Titles/LibrarianDate Posted:
Various Newark Board of Education LocationsNEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES 765 BROAD STREET, NEWARK, NEW JERSEY 07102 ROGER LEÓN, DISTRICT SUPERINTENDENTAnnouncement of VacancySchool Library Media Specialist
(Pending Availability of Funds and Superintendent's Approval)
The District Superintendent invites qualified and interested persons to apply for the position of School Library Media Specialist - Various Locations.Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- New Jersey Department of Education School Library Media Specialist or Associate School Library Media Specialist.
To select, order and organize print and non-print materials for the library media center that will reinforce the curriculum: to instruct students in the use of the library as a source of knowledge, enjoyment and inspiration, and to work with teachers in the development of library media programs to satisfy their classroom needs.Responsibilities
- To instruct students in the use of the library media center and help them select print and non-print materials that relate to their interests and to the curriculum.
- To plan, schedule, manage and evaluate the library media center operations.
- To select, order and organize the library media center's print and non-print materials.
- To maintain and report at required intervals accurate statistical data; and generate as required library media orders and professional reports.
- To provide reference service, prepare bibliographies and develop curriculum support materials for the teaching and administrative staff.
- To encourage and motivate students and teachers to appreciate books and reading through storytelling, book talks and reading guidance.
- To assist with staff development through in-service workshops or other techniques to familiarize the teaching staff with the materials in the media center.
- To involve the teaching staff in continued utilization of the media center so that it becomes an integral part of the regular school program.
- To develop a program for students and teachers of operational skills for the audiovisual equipment in the school.
- To coordinate and cooperate with the Audiovisual Center and community resources such as the Newark Public Library, the Newark Museum, the New Jersey Historical Society; etc.
PrincipalSalary, Terms & Affiliation
How To Apply
- Salary Ranges: Bachelors Degree - $54,500 - $98,041
Masters Degree - $56,500 - $100,041
Doctorate Degree - $58,500 - $102,041
- Employment Period: Ten (10) months
- Union Affiliation: NTU
Newark Board of Education only accepts electronic applications. Open and Close Dates
Opening Date: February 7, 2020
Closing Date: Until filledEqual Employment Opportunity
THE NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/ AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYEE