Instructional - Other Titles/Learning Dis Tchr ConsultantDate Posted:
Special Education -408NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES 765 BROAD STREET, NEWARK, NEW JERSEY 07102 ROGER LEÓN, DISTRICT SUPERINTENDENT Announcement of VacancyLearning Disabilities Teacher Consultant
Office of Special Education
(Pending availability of funds and Board of Education approval)
The Superintendent invites qualified and interested persons to apply for the positions of Learning Disabilities Teacher Consultant within the Office of Special Education.Qualifications
- Master's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- New Jersey permanent Learning Disabilities Teacher Consultant certificate.
- Strong background and knowledge of NJAC 6A:14.
- Evaluates identified students using standardized assessments and student observations in order to determine appropriate program placement and academic supports.
- Actively participates in CST meetings to determine the need for eligibility, programs and the development of an Individualized Educational Program (IEP).
- Is knowledgeable about and adheres to the State and Federal regulations and established departmental procedures.
- Act as a consultant to school staff, students and family to assist in the dissemination of information and program planning.
- Act as a liaison between the Office of Special Education, school administrators and outside agencies.
- Monitors the progress of students for whom s/he manages.
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor and foster positive relations with other CST staff, teachers, students, parents and administrators.
- Maintains and reports, at required intervals, accurate statistical data related to productivity and case responsibilities.
- Performs additional or alternative duties which are within the scope of employment and certification as may be assigned by OSE Administration.
- Is proficient with computer technology.
- Demonstrates efficient time-management skills and maintains case records and files according to OSE department procedures.
- Conducts regular classroom visits to observe children and conduct informal screenings to determine academic functioning, learning characteristics and appropriate strategies for students with disabilities.
- Confers with, models for and supports principals, classroom teachers, teacher assistants and resource teachers in planning strategies, adapting teaching practices and making modifications that will assist the children in meeting their IEP goals.
- Observes, provides feedback, makes recommendations and models strategies, classroom modifications, and the selection of adaptive materials and equipment for use in the classroom and other learning environments.
- Plans and implements professional development workshops/training for staff, including principals, teachers, teacher aides, resource teachers, etc.
- Performs other duties consistent with specific contractual terms of employment as assigned by appropriate supervisors.
Executive Director of Special EducationSalary, Terms & Affiliation
How To Apply
- Salary Range: $58,382.00 - $101,426 as per Newark Teacher's Union Contract
- Employment Period: Ten (10) Month
- Affiliation: Newark Teachers Union (NTU)
Newark Board of Education only accepts electronic applications. Open and Close Dates
OPENING DATE: October 23, 2020
CLOSING DATE: Until FilledEqual Employment Opportunity
NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER