Coach/Cocurricular/Before/After School/Adult Ed./Coach, Advisor, Co-Curricular Activities, & Before/After School ProgramDate Posted:
Human Resource Services - 404 Newark Board of Education Human Resource Services 765 Broad Street, Newark, NJ 07102 Roger LeÓn, SUPERINTENDENTBefore and After School Programs Teacher Aide - Elementary and Secondary School Locations (Pending availability of funds and Superintendent's approval)
The Newark Board of Education District Superintendent invites qualified and interested persons to apply for the position of Teacher Aide or Before or After-School Programs. QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
1. Sixty (60) semester hour credits at an institution of higher education.
2. Graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associate's degree.
3. As per Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) requirements, must meet a rigorous standard of quality and can demonstrate, through a formal State or local academic assessment:
- Knowledge of and the ability to assist in instructing, reading, writing, and mathematics; or
- Knowledge of and the ability to assist in instructing, reading readiness, writing readiness, and mathematics readiness, as appropriate.
4. Appointees will be required to possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform essential duties of the position.BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Provides direct aide to classroom teachers in maintaining a neat, orderly classroom, in specific programs such as health and physical education, in the preparation of a laboratory and audiovisual program, in reading to children, and in accompanying singing and dancing with music instruments.
2. Monitors classroom if teacher leaves for brief periods.
3. Arranges indoor games.
4. Corrects standardized and informal tests.
5. Helps students who were absent or who need additional attention with work assignments.
6. Works with individual children or small groups in developing simple understanding skills or appreciation.
7. May aid in drill work with word, phrase, and number flash cards.
8. Performs clerical duties including taking attendance, typing, copying, and keeping records of non-confidential data.
9. Collects money and regulates behavior of students in the lunch room.
10. Prepares bulletin boards.
11. Aids disabled children.
12. May assist in maintaining decorum in cafeteria, playground, study halls, gym, and locker rooms.
13. Monitors classrooms.
14. Directs children to buses.
15. Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
16. Teacher Aides may float between classrooms or between schools.
1. Knowledge of teaching and school problems, practices, and procedures as they affect children.
2. Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
3. Ability to work with a variety of people.
4. Ability to establish and maintain accurate records and files.
5. Ability to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
6. Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform duties of this position. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
7. Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long as they can perform essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible. REPORTS TO: PRINCIPAL SALARY, EMPLOYMENT PERIOD AND UNION AFFILIATION
1. Salary: $
2. Employment Period: Ten (10) Months
3. Union Affiliation: Newark Teachers Union How to Apply The Newark Public Schools is only accepting electronic applications.POSTING DATE: June 9, 2022 CLOSING DATE: Until all positions have been filled CODE: 1088The Newark Board of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer