Coach/Cocurricular/Before/After School/Adult Ed./Coach, Advisor, Co-Curricular Activities, & Before/After School ProgramDate Posted:
Human Resource Services - 404 Newark Board of Education Human Resource Services 765 Broad Street, Newark, NJ 07102 Roger LeÓn, SUPERINTENDENTBefore and After School Programs Teacher - Elementary and Secondary School Locations (Pending availability of funds and Superintendent's approval)
The Newark Board of Education District Superintendent invites qualified and interested persons to apply for the position of Teacher or Before or After-School Programs. QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- New Jersey Department of Education Standard Certificate or Certificate of Eligibility (CE) or Certificate of Eligibility with Advance Standing (CEAS) in the specified content area.
- Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long as they can perform the essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodation is made for their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
REPORTS TO: PRINCIPAL SALARY AND EMPLOYMENT PERIOD
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students.
- Evaluates student progress on a regular basis and prepares progress reports.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship, basic communications skills and other general elements of the course of study common to all teachers, as specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the district.
- Provides individual, small, and/or large group instruction, whenever appropriate, in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of pupils with varying intellectual and special abilities.
- Instructs pupils in proper care and use of textbooks, equipment and materials.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide and orderly and productive environment.
- Selects and requisitions books, instructional materials, equipment, aids, and maintains required inventory records.
- Develops instructional plans and organizes class time to provide a balanced program of instruction
- Develops and maintains professional competence through participation in in-service education activities provided by the district and in self-selected professional growth activities.
- Supervises out-of classroom activities for pupils during the assigned working day, as required.
- Plans and coordinates the work of aides, teacher assistants, and other paraprofessionals.
- Identifies pupil's needs and cooperated with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Communicates with parents and pupil personnel staff members on the individual pupil's progress and development.
- Maintains basic attendance accounting and business service as required.
- Develops and participates in the sponsorship of student activities and faculty committees.
- Acts as a resource person on an interdepartmental level to relate appropriate aspects of his/her subject area to other subject areas.
- Works to establish and maintain open lines on communication with students and their parents concerning the academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students.
- *Salary Range: Bachelor's degree:
Master's degree + 30 credits:
Employment Period: Ten (10) Months
*Salary subject to change pending NTU contract negotiations. How to Apply The Newark Public Schools is only accepting electronic applications.POSTING DATE: June 9, 2022 CLOSING DATE: Until all positions have been filled CODE: 1087 The Newark Board of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Union Affiliation: Newark Teacher's Union (NTU)