Senior Account Executive, Strategic Accounts (Remote)
About this role
As a Senior Account Executive within Partner Accounts, you will be responsible for acquiring new district level Partners with our growing portfolio of products and services. This position specifically will focus on increasing NWEA's leadership position with large urban school systems and national education organizations (ex. Council of Great City Schools). You will work with the Strategic Accounts team, led by a Senior Director and a VP, responsible for the entire large district market across all 50 states. In this role, you will work with Account Managers within Strategic Accounts to help secure the renewals, retention, and growth of existing strategic partners. This is a full-time opportunity with competitive compensation, an incentive plan and outstanding benefits. Candidates may work remotely from their home office located anywhere in the United States. This role will have a high volume of travel.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Build strategic relationships with executive level leaders in the largest school districts and key national education organizations.
- Acquire new NWEA partners
- Expand the number of students that use the solutions offered by NWEA in current partnerships
- Support assigned current partners
- Establish bold territory plans to drive partnership activity, and successfully manage sales pipeline of opportunities.
- In this role, you will experience a high level of travel
Your next challenge
- Lead development, qualification, and conversion into opportunities
- Aggressively defend current strategic partnerships
- Consistently prospect and close opportunities for NWEA Products and Services, including the MAP Suite and Professional Learning
- Ensure that NWEA reaches a high level of account penetration in each account, reaching more kids in all districts within an assigned territory
- Drive revenue growth through acquisition of new, strategic, and large Partners
- Demonstrate strategic ownership of assigned territory through knowledge of funding, state initiatives and regulatory mandates
- Develop and own a territory strategy to penetrate and grow assigned geographic region
- Participate in and facilitate Partner participation in informing NWEA product strategies, design, timelines, and development
- Close collaboration with fellow Account Executives and Account Managers as assigned
- Travel as required, on average at 50% within the continental U.S.
Traits for success
- Leverage networking skills to create new relationships with key leaders of current partners, prospects, and education organizations
- Ability to successfully move opportunities through the sales cycle
- Lead and coordinate very complex cost proposals and contract discussions
- Proven track record of selling success and ability to exceed personal and team goals
- Skilled in analyzing and translating complex partner requirements into NWEA business offering, resulting in sound business and relationship decisions
- Assist in defining and evaluating deliverables, parameters and language for partnership and agreements and contracts
- Aptitude to inspire, unify and lead cross-organizational teams with strong collaboration skills
- Consistently apply proven sales methodology (i.e., Miller Heiman, Strategic Selling)
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Ability to successfully manage sales relationships, pipeline, and opportunities in CRM system (Salesforce preferred)
- Business insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals
- Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Manages Complexity: Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, and high energy
- Resourcefulness: Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Plans and aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Interpersonal Savvy: Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics
- Builds networks: Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communication that convey a clear understanding
- Persuades: Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others
- Courage: Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said
- Instills Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
Education and experience
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in education, business or a related field required
- 3-5 years' field sales or similar experience; background in selling to the K-12 educational market
- Experience initiating and acquiring relationships in large urban school districts
- Experience with NWEA products, services, procedures, and implementation
- Deep understanding of K-12 education industry and assessment
NWEA® is a research-based, not-for-profit organization that supports students and educators worldwide through assessment and learning solutions and advocating for the learning needs of each student. For more than 40 years, NWEA has developed innovative pre-K-12 assessments and professional learning that fosters educators' ability to accelerate student learning, and engaged in research examining issues in education policy, psychometrics, and assessment innovation. Visit NWEA.org to find out how NWEA can partner with you to help all kids learn.
What we can offer you
At NWEA we not only offer a competitive base salary, we offer a 15% contribution of eligible employees' base salary to a defined contribution 403(b) retirement savings plan; career development opportunities; an awesome work culture and environment; we also offer industry leading benefits and perks that are focused on supporting our employees' holistic wellbeing. To learn more about what we can offer more, click here.
NWEA strives to make diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA) practices the center of our work. Our organization's mission, Partnering to Help All Kids Learn, is the foundation for our DEIA commitment as we work to reflect, value, and support the educators, students, colleagues, and communities we serve. We seek to empower and engage all stakeholders in the research, services, solutions, and products we provide, our organizational culture, and the partnerships we establish with schools, districts, states, and countries.
NWEA endeavors to make www.nwea.org accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call us at (503) 624-1951 or e-mail us at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information. This is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
NWEA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please visit our website. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please visit the EEOC website