Craig Montessori School is actively recruiting licensed and experienced candidates for a Children's Health Assistant position.
A Milwaukee Public Schools (MPS) Children's Health Assistant assists students with disabilities in personal care and other school related activities. How To Apply
Interested applicants should complete all sections of the application including the online submission of a current resume.
Applications will be accepted for this position through Friday, December 2, 2022. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED
- Eligible for a DPI Handicapped Children's Aide License (883)
- State of Wisconsin Certified Nursing Assistant License
*As of November 1, 2021, all MPS employees are required to be fully vaccinated. The health and safety of our staff and students is our number one priority. All offers of employment are contingent on the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (currently one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) to pass the pre-employment requirements. Individuals with medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an accommodation from the vaccine requirement.Responsibilities
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Assists students with disabilities in participating in activities of daily life such as dressing, eating, and managing bathroom needs.
- Lifts or assists with lifting students with disabilities for purposes of transferring them for position changes and personal care needs.
- Operates medical equipment such as Hoyer lifts, standing frames or motorized wheelchairs; operates passenger elevators to assist students with disabilities in moving throughout a school building or job site. Assists with consideration of the student's level of independence, wheelchair users in accessing the school and community settings.
- Assists students with disabilities on/off buses daily.
- Assists students with disabilities in teacher directed academic and non-academic activities. Works with students with disabilities, under the direction of the classroom teacher, one on one or in small groups.
- Assists teachers and therapists when necessary for IEP or 504 related activities.
- Accompanies and assists students with disabilities on supervised field trips into the community.
- Cleans classroom equipment and supplies routinely and as needed after spills or accidents.
- Actively supports the MPS Strategic Plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Milwaukee Public Schools does not discriminate in its programs, activities, facilities, employment, or educational opportunities on the basis of a person's sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, or disability. Reasonable accommodations requested by qualified individuals with disabilities will be made in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as amended by the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008.
In accordance with Wisconsin Statutes, every applicant for a position with Milwaukee Public Schools will be subject to the open records law. Any applicant not wishing to have his/her identity released, must submit a written statement to that effect to the Office of Human Resources. The identities of all "final candidates" may be released. Milwaukee Public Schools reserves the right to interview the best qualified candidates.