Milwaukee Recreation is seeking an enthusiastic individual to manage its Mobile Recreation program for the Milwaukee community. Major responsibilities include planning and leading mobile recreation activities; recruiting and training part-time staff; identifying gaps in recreation access and coordinating services to these areas; managing inventory, paperwork, and program evaluations associated with mobile recreation programming; and identifying, scheduling and staffing community outreach events.
The ideal candidate is energetic and committed to identifying and addressing gaps in recreation services within the city of Milwaukee to ensure all individuals in the community have access to high quality recreation activities. Salary Range:
$55,749 - $80,065 How To Apply
Administrative applications for the following position are being accepted by the Office of Human Resources by 11:59 pm on Sunday, December 18, 2022. A resume and three (3) letters of recommendation must be attached to the completed application. Each letter must be dated less than one (1) year old and include a handwritten signature from its author.
Caution: When attaching documents to the application, be sure the documents are legible. If the documents cannot be read, your application may be disqualified from consideration. In addition to meeting the qualifications and interview, final appointment by the Board of School Directors is contingent upon a passing criminal background check, a passing drug/alcohol test and credential verification. Non-MPS employees must submit official transcripts confirming a Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree. No applications will be accepted after the deadline date and time.Other Information
ATTENTION: As of November 1, 2021, all MPS employees are required to be fully vaccinated. The health and safety of our staff and students is our number one priority. That's why all offers of employment are contingent on the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (currently one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) to pass the pre-employment requirements. Individuals with medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an accommodation from the vaccine requirement.Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree required from an accredited college or university in parks, recreation, and tourism management; community sports management; kinesiology, or related field. May substitute two (2) years of relevant recreation experience for one (1) year of education. A combination of both education and experience will be considered.
- Minimum one (1) year of full-time experience in urban recreation preferred. Two (2) years of graduate assistant experience or equivalent part-time experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certifications in First Aid, CPR, and Certified Parks and Recreation Professional (CPRP).
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Develops, schedules, and manages year-round mobile recreation programs and special events throughout the city of Milwaukee.
- Designs and leads mobile recreational activities in outdoor and school settings incorporating new and innovative activities into programming based on industry trends and community needs to keep participation levels optimal.
- Recruits, hires, supervises and evaluates a team of part-time staff responsible for assisting with the facilitation of mobile recreation activities.
- Manages part-time payroll, program files, attendance records, invoicing, program evaluation and seasonal reports.
- Inventories, inspects and ensures equipment is in safe working order. Arranges repairs/ replacement as necessary.
- Oversees care and upkeep of mobile recreation vehicles.
- Inspects activity locations and ensures they are suitable for program activities.
- Monitors and accounts for program revenue and expenses.
- Analyzes the recreation needs and resources of the community to ensure services are delivered to areas with the greatest need.
- Works with Marketing Team to cultivate relationships with stakeholders and staff community outreach events.
- Works with Marketing Team to create a programmatic calendar to track and review upcoming events.
- Assists in preparing and coordinating promotional materials for program activities.
- Establishes partnerships with other MPS departments, schools, governmental units, and community-based organizations and agencies to develop quality recreation programs.
- Assists with Milwaukee Recreation activities as needed.
- Serves on various community or department committees as required and/or assigned.
- Actively supports the MPS Five Priorities for Success.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Milwaukee Public Schools does not discriminate in its programs, activities, facilities, employment, or educational opportunities on the basis of a person's sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, or disability. Reasonable accommodations requested by qualified individuals with disabilities will be made in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as amended by the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008.
In accordance with Wisconsin Statutes, every applicant for a position with Milwaukee Public Schools will be subject to the open records law. Any applicant not wishing to have his/her identity released, must submit a written statement to that effect to the Office of Human Resources. The identities of all "final candidates" may be released. Milwaukee Public Schools reserves the right to interview the best qualified candidates.