The Applications Specialist - Human Resources Information System (HRIS) is responsible for providing hands-on technical leadership and direction for solution design, development, deployment and implementation of projects involving PeopleSoft data and data integration. The primary focus is working with the PeopleSoft HCM system. The Applications Specialist - HRIS identifies solutions that can be applied to support business strategies and improve business processes. They partner with the business to clarify business needs to vendor resources, contributes to development of long-range system plans and architecture and ensures that solutions adhere to development standards and facilitates the maintenance and continuous support of the PeopleSoft HCM Application. The Applications Specialist - HRIS will track new and on-going work as well as possible future enhancements that fit within the business and technology needs. They will mentor team members along with assigning and reviewing development work.The salary range is $73,777 - 106,351 (12 months/260 days) How To Apply
Administrative applications for the following position are being accepted by the Office of Human Resources by 11:59 PM CST on Monday, December 5, 2022. A current resume and three (3) letters of recommendation manually signed by the author and dated less than one (1) year old must be attached to the completed application (if you are unable to electronically attach these documents, you must notify human resources that you are sending hard copies which must be received on or before the deadline date listed above). Caution: When attaching documents to the application, be sure the documents are legible. If the documents cannot be read, your application may be disqualified from consideration. Appointment is subject to a criminal background check, a drug/alcohol test and credential verification. Non MPS employees must submit official transcripts confirming Degrees. No applications will be accepted after the deadline date and time. APPLY ONLINE FOR JOB OPENING #1021596 at www.mpsmke.com/jobs > Careers > Join Our Team > Administrator/Supervisor positions and follow the link. Other Information
As of November 1, 2021, all MPS employees are required to be fully vaccinated. The health and safety of our staff and students is our number one priority. That's why all offers of employment are contingent on the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (currently one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) to pass the pre-employment requirements. Individuals with medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an accommodation from the vaccine requirement.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Proficient in SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases (Oracle / Microsoft SQL server).
- 10+ years of technical work experience in programming, analysis and project work.
- 10+ years of experience with HR concepts, processes, practices and procedures.
- 10+ years of experience in working within the PeopleSoft Application Designer to maintain, develop and support the application (People Tools, Application Engine, People Code, Application Package, Component Interface, File Layout).
- 5+ years of experience using PeopleSoft Query and BI/XML Publisher to develop and maintain internal/external reports and interfaces.
- 5 + years of experience working with inbound/outbound interfaces. Importing data from flat files (csv, txt, xml) into PeopleSoft tables using Integration Broker, Application Engine, File Layout and Component Interface technology.
- Experience supporting PeopleSoft HCM 9.2.
- Experience leading projects, communicating project status and tasks, and prioritizing relevant project initiatives.
- Knowledge of commonly used programming concepts, best practices and procedures within the Information Technology field.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Partners with customers and team members to translate business requirements into viable solutions, identify potential benefits, and re-engineering workflow/processes to achieve anticipated benefits. Define data usage and reporting needs.
- Advanced problem solving, logic, analysis, design, communication, documentation, implementation and customer service skills. Uses these skills to provide software support as needed for system and customers throughout the organization as it relates to the PeopleSoft System applications. Apply knowledge of technology best practices when using these skills.
- Ability to lead and work cross function projects of varying degrees of complexity.
- Provides software support as needed for system and customers throughout the organization as it relates to the PeopleSoft Systems applications.
- Evaluate Cherwell requests related to PeopleSoft for reasonableness, effort required and solution options.
- Create reports and programs using SQL/SQR, PeopleSoft Query, and PeopleTools development tools.
- Effectively designs, develops, tests and implements solutions based on customer needs that may involve custom and/or delivered in-house application solutions using Application Designer such as creating/modifying pages, components, menus, PeopleCode, application packages, application engines, component interfaces and fluid technology.
- Create specifications, process and technical documentation.
- Research, plan and specify technical solutions to newly identified client business needs.
- Identify and create resources to increase productivity of end users.
- Maintain general awareness of advances and current trends in technology.
- Learns new development tools and application development software products and maintains familiarity with existing application languages. Participates in professional training activities. Stays current on appropriate hardware and software technology and stays informed of automation needs in user departments.
- Effectively leads projects and maintains positive relationships with key customers, co-workers and vendors.
- Effectively tracks current projects, project status and future process improvements.
- Communicates project status to business users and supervisor.
- Provides training and mentoring to junior team members through formal and informal methods.
- Provides oversight for work assigned to junior team members and evaluates effectiveness of work product.
- Actively supports the MPS Strategic Plan.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
The Milwaukee Public Schools does not discriminate in its programs, activities, facilities, employment, or educational opportunities on the basis of a person's sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, or disability. Reasonable accommodations requested by qualified individuals with disabilities will be made in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as amended by the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008.
In accordance with Wisconsin Statutes, every applicant for a position with Milwaukee Public Schools will be subject to the open records law. Any applicant not wishing to have his/her identity released, must submit a written statement to that effect to the Office of Human Resources. The identities of all "final candidates" may be released. Milwaukee Public Schools reserves the right to interview the best qualified candidates.