This position utilizes specialized knowledge of software & systems components and applies knowledge and skills in problem solving, implementing configuration changes, including technical expertise in assigned systems at the senior level. Analyzes, documents, installs, and maintains applications, software and systems.The salary range is $59,885 - 86,164 (12-months/260 days).How To Apply
Administrative applications for the following position are being accepted by the Office of Human Resources by 11:59 PM CST on Tuesday, December 13, 2022. A current resume and three (3) letters of recommendation signed by the author and dated less than one (1) year old must be attached to the completed application (if you are unable to electronically attach these documents, you must notify human resources that you are sending hard copies which must be received on or before the deadline date listed above). Caution: When attaching documents to the application, be sure the documents are legible. If the documents cannot be read, your application may be disqualified from consideration.
Appointment is subject to a criminal background check, a drug/alcohol test and credential verification. Non MPS employees must submit official transcripts confirming Degrees. No applications will be accepted after the deadline date and time. APPLY ONLINE FOR JOB OPENING #1022098
at www.mpsmke.com/jobs > Careers > Join Our Team > Administrator/Supervisor positions
and follow the link. Other InformationATTENTION: As of November 1, 2021, all MPS employees are required to be fully vaccinated. The health and safety of our staff and students is our number one priority. That's why all offers of employment are contingent on the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (currently one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) to pass the pre-employment requirements. Individuals with medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an accommodation from the vaccine requirement.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Technology, or related field required.
- A combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Three years of technical work experience in programming and analysis.
- MVC .NET experience with VB or C#, creating web applications is a plus.
- Microsoft SQL Server including experience with SSRS.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Understand how data elements integrate with each other.
- Work with colleagues to understand needs for development requests.
- Ability to manage projects through timelines and prioritization of tasks to meet short-term and long-term goals.
- Knowledge of data warehouse development, Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs), database schemas, data marts, staging, dimension, fact and summary table relationships, procedures, table structures, and indexes.
- Knowledge of T-SQL (Transact-SQL) for writing complex scripts, developing analytics, metrics, reports and extracts in a SQL Server environment.
- Experience with reporting and development tool(s): SQL Server Management Studio, Visual Studio
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) development and passing values to stored procedures.
- SQL Server Integrated Services (SSIS) development and knowledge of creating packaging for copying, migrating, and deploying data warehouse objects.
- Ability to access and understand report configurations and queries
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills with complex technical subjects and tasks.
- Ability to present and explain complex technical topics, problems, and alternative solutions to others.
- Provides exceptional customer service through positive communication and fostering a welcoming environment.
- Actively supports the MPS Strategic Plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Milwaukee Public Schools does not discriminate in its programs, activities, facilities, employment, or educational opportunities on the basis of a person's sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, or disability. Reasonable accommodations requested by qualified individuals with disabilities will be made in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as amended by the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008.
In accordance with Wisconsin Statutes, every applicant for a position with Milwaukee Public Schools will be subject to the open records law. Any applicant not wishing to have his/her identity released, must submit a written statement to that effect to the Office of Human Resources. The identities of all "final candidates" may be released. Milwaukee Public Schools reserves the right to interview the best qualified candidates.