JOB STATUS: OPEN
POSTING DATE: 05/25/2022
POSTING NUMBER: E22/23-08.56.1
LOCATION: Human Resources
POSITION TITLE: ERP Functional Analyst-HR/Payroll
Arlington Public Schools (APS) requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen (i.e. Pfizer, Moderna, and/or Johnson and Johnson). As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
Human Resources announces an opening for the position of Oracle ERP Functional Analyst- HR/Payroll effective
immediately. This is a twelve-month administrative position, Grade E-16.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF WORK
· Provide ongoing maintenance and support of STARS, the school system's Oracle E-Business Suite Human
Resource Management System(HRMS).
· Resolve defects within the HRMS system.
· Configure and modify the Oracle HRMS application to meet business requirements.
· Build reports based on the needs of the business.
· Maintenance and support of non-Oracle HR/Payroll applications.
Reports to the Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources (the Supervisor). Receives technical guidance and
leadership from the Lead ERP Functional Analyst. Work comes to the incumbent by specific assignment (such as
explicit tasking by the Lead ERP Functional Analyst or the Supervisor) or through established flows (such as
external stakeholder information/releases or user requests/inquiries),
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK (May not include all duties performed - These are
intended as an illustration of the various types of work performed. The omission of
specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or
a logical assignment to the position.)
· Assists the Lead ERP Functional Analyst in configuring and supporting the full functionality of the HR,
Payroll, Benefits, OTL and performance management modules of STARS.
· Provide hands-on "just-in-time" support and assistance to users on Oracle HRMS modules.
· Creates/improve reports needed by HR department.
· Support the annual employee benefits Open Enrollment process, benefit cost mass changes, ACA, year-
end payroll work such as W-2s and pay schedule/salary mass changes, etc.,
· Perform Fit-Gap analysis to accommodate as much new functionality as possible out of the box, without
need for customization.
· Develop relationships with HR staff and end users to evaluate their needs and develop and implement
plans to meet those needs.
· Work with IT on Cloud HCM upgrade and patches.
· Prepare and execute test scripts/plans to ensure that Oracle patches, modifications and updates to the
system are thoroughly tested before being migrated into production.
· Create and maintain documentation (e.g., setup documentation, training documentation, user procedures).
· Provide training to end users.
· Perform related duties as required or assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Techno Functional experience in Oracle E-Business Suite R12, specifically with below modules:
o Oracle Human Resources,
o Oracle Payroll,
o Oracle Advanced Benefits,
o Oracle Time and Labor,
o Oracle Performance Management,
o Oracle Employee Self Service
· Experience in Sql and Pl/Sql to extract ad hoc data to support reporting and to review defects in oracle
· Experience with Oracle Fast Formulas, Earnings and Deductions, Balance Adjustment and year end W-2
· Experience with Benefit Open enrollment, Life Events, Programs and Plans.
· Experience with change management on an ERP project implementation.
· Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Written and oral communication skills.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Human Resources, Business
Administration or any other field related to the essential functions of this position, or an equivalent
combination of education, experience, and training totaling 4 years.
· Two years of progressively responsible and recent experience implementing or supporting an Oracle ERP
EBS R12 HRMS (a) concentrating on the HR/Payroll/Benefits/OTL modules of Oracle EBS, (b) involving a
broad array of critical programs, policies, operations, and events, and (c) including recurring interface with
a wide array of internal and external stakeholders.
Candidates must submit an application online and attach a résumé, a written statement of interest in, and
qualifications for this position. Please complete the online Administrative/Technical application on the APS website
in the Employment section: www.apsva.us. A minimum of three letters of recommendation must also be
attached. (Recommendation letters may be sent in separately by the closing date.)
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE AND WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF
ALL REQUIRED INFORMATION IS INCLUDED
It is the policy of the Arlington School Board, as stated in Policy 35-4.4, Employee
Relations - Equal Employment Opportunity - that "Employment opportunities shall not
be restricted, abridged or otherwise adversely affected on the basis of race, national
origin, creed, color, religion, gender, age, economic status, sexual orientation, national
origin, marital status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and/or
Please follow the instructions above.
Salary range of $112,078 to 183,698 (2022- 2023 salary schedule).