JOB STATUS: UNTIL FILLED
POSTING DATE: 11/03/2022
POSTING NUMBER: T22/23-982.231
LOCATION: Jefferson Middle School
POSITION TITLE: English Learner Teacher
JOB DESCRIPTION: Arlington Public Schools (APS) requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen (i.e. Pfizer, Moderna, and/or Johnson and Johnson). As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination. Please see the below information regarding vaccination verification and the medical or religious exemption process for final candidates.
This position is a 1.0 FTE located at Jefferson Middle School.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member with colleagues.
- Flexible, dependable, and highly organized.
- Desire to work with diverse community of learners.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with APS English Learner program models and assessment procedures for english learner students.
- Teaching experience in the above mentioned areas
- Knowledge of best instructional practices
- Ability to integrate technology
- Experience in educational and instructional leadership
- Must have or be eligible for Virginia licensure.
- Secondary Education endorsement.
- English as a Second Language PreK-12 certification required.
- Dual endorsement in English as a Second Language and/or Special Education is preferred but not required.
If you would like to apply to this position please follow these steps.
1. Log into your application and select the appropriate application (Current APS employees interested in transferring must select the Employee Transfer Application
.) If you are a new online application user, please register with the online system, then proceed to Step 2
2. to your application, select the appropriate application, click the Start Application
button at the bottom of the page.
3. Click the Continue/Save
button at the bottom of each web page until you reach the Employment Openings
page of the application.
4. On the Employment Openings
page, click the Add Job
5. Select the position you would like to apply for from the drop down list.
6. Click the Add Another
button to add a different position to your application or if you have finished click the Continue button and proceed to Step 7
7. Once you have finished selecting the job(s) click the Continue
button at the bottom of each web page and submit the application. (You will need to complete the Applicant Testimony and Applicant's Authorization Statement
every time you re-submit your application.)
8. Click the Submit
button on the left.
9. Click the Submit Application
button to finish applying for an APS position(s).
10. Please do not contact
the schools regarding job openings.Arlington Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer It is the policy of the Arlington School Board, as stated in Policy G-2.30, Employee Relations - Equal Employment Opportunity - that "Employment opportunities shall not be restricted, abridged or otherwise adversely affected on the basis of race, national origin, creed, color, religion, gender, age, economic status, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and/or disability."
GROUP / GRADE: ESOL/HILT-2
Salary will be based on the FY2022-23 salary schedule.