Clerical Support: Secretaries/School Secretary ElementaryDate Posted:
MULDOON ELEMENTARY Bargaining Unit
: TOTEM Work Year
: 10 months Work Day
: 8 hours per day FTE
: Full time, 1.0 FTE Salary
: T-10, $15.50 - $16.32 Per Hour, DOE Job Summary
The Elementary School Secretary assists the elementary administrative assistant in providing clerical and administrative support in an elementary school. The position has a retirement association with the Public Employees' Retirement System (PERS). Job Requirements
The following are required:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of clerical experience. Equivalent education may be considered in lieu of related work experience.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and inspire confidence and cooperation of staff, parents, students, administrators, and the public.
- Ability to establish and maintain a professional relationship with staff, parents, students, administrators, and the public.
The following are preferred:
Essential Job Functions
- Knowledge of first aid.
- Ability to operate common office equipment and be proficient in computer use, both Macintosh and Windows, with experience in a variety of programs and applications.
- Ability to type accurately at an acceptable rate of speed.
- Knowledge of ASD computer systems such as Zangle, EmpCenter, IFAS, or Aesop Absence Management.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Ability to maintain clerical records and prepare reports and perform clerical work with speed, accuracy, and follow through.
- Ability to learn, interpret, and apply rules, regulations, laws, and processes.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Performs a wide variety of clerical and typing work related to the assigned function.
- Compiles information from various sources and types a variety of forms, letters, reports, bulletins, charts, curriculum guides, handbooks, questionnaires, requisitions, contracts, and other materials from rough drafts, marginal notes, or verbal instructions.
- Proofreads and edits documents for accuracy, completion, and conformance to established procedures.
- Compiles and tabulates statistical data.
- Develops and maintains files and records.
- Assists the general public regarding specific program questions.
- Serves as an information source to students, teachers, parents, and the general public.
- Works with the student information system.
- Assists in enrolling new students and perform activities related to registration and attendance.
- Assists with inventory and ordering of supplies.
The physical demands of this job require frequent standing, walking, sitting, speaking, and hearing. Specific visual abilities are also required. The employee is regularly required to reach with his/her hands and arms and occasionally lift items weighing less than 40 lbs. Additionally, the employee must be able to communicate by oral and written means in an appropriate business manner and have cognitive skills to understand instructions, readily recall facts and details, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure. The employee must have the ability to effectively manage the stress of working with students, parents, and other employees representing diverse cultures, personalities, and work styles in a dynamic work environment.
The Anchorage School District is committed to providing reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all individuals with qualified physical or mental disabilities. Work Environment
Work is performed in a professional environment with a wide variety of individuals having differing functions, personalities and abilities, including working with diverse groups of people in a variety of different settings.
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be regularly exposed to a video display. The employee may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Additional Job Information
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Anchorage School District employees must possess the ability to read and write in English. This includes the ability to communicate in English with school staff, coworkers, and the public. Employees must also have the ability to comprehend and carry out oral and written directions and understand and follow English instructions and written documents.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check.
This position may be required to work in ASD facilities on the military installations (JBER). Please visit www.dhs.gov/real-id-enforcement-brief
for additional information. The Anchorage School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.