ACE Professionals and Supervisors/Specialist Community ServicesDate Posted:
COMMUNITY SERVICES/RENTALS Bargaining Unit
: ACE Work Year
: 240 days per year, 12 contract payments Work Day
: 8 hours per day FTE
: Full time, 1.0 FTE Salary
: ACE 5, A-M $48,698 - $ 65,268 DOE Job Summary
The Community Services Specialist coordinates scheduling of all Anchorage School District auditoriums and all building related maintenance projects for the ASD Education Center. Working with the director of Community Services, the specialist develops departmental financial, budgetary, and approved communications. The position maintains department data for required reporting and sets up and coordinates presentations and trainings for ASD and community members on Rentals and Community Resources scheduling. The specialist also coordinates and conducts special projects as needed. The position has a retirement association with the Public Employees' Retirement System (PERS). Job Requirements
The following are required:
- A bachelor's degree in business management, business administration, or a related field. Equivalent experience, education, or training may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
- Prior experience writing technical documentation, procedures, and workflows for end users.
- Experience with large scale facility scheduling and/or event planning.
- A valid Alaska driver's license and an available vehicle for travel to schools throughout the Anchorage School District.
The following are preferred:
Essential Job Functions
- Working knowledge of and experience with IFAS or other financial recordkeeping systems.
- Experience working with scheduling software, computers, and related technology.
- Experience developing, conducting, and documenting training events.
- Ability to learn, interpret, and communicate rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to accurately prepare data, statistics, analytical reports, accurate schedules, outlines, and materials.
- Excellent computer skills with a strong working knowledge of Windows operating systems and ability to maintain website content.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Knowledgeable of general office procedures and responsibilities.
Physical /Mental Demands
- Is primary staff contact for scheduling ASD Education Center conference rooms, all ASD auditoriums and other ASD sites, and for and ongoing building related projects as designated by the director.
- Maintains inventory for Ed Center conference rooms and all auditoriums.
- Oversees and directs job duties of Ed Center assigned custodial staff.
- Maintains the client database in the rentals scheduling program.
- Works with the Security and Emergency Preparedness team with respect to Ed Center building security and employee access. Coordinates the setup of access codes with the building security company.
- Ensures new rentals clients submit all required documentation for the rental of ASD facilities.
- Manages and maintains department data and submits mandatory district, state, and federal reports.
- Collaborates with the Information Technology and Maintenance Departments to troubleshoot technical issues with the Ed Center's Emp Center time clocks, fob access readers, and conference room display monitors.
- Collaborates with the director to develop and manage budget and other finances, such as preparation and submission of annual budget proposal, financial reporting management, p-card purchasing and reconciliation, mileage reimbursement, travel, and purchase requests.
- Assists principals, school site users, and community members with facility rentals scheduling. Develops and/or delivers relevant training on the scheduling process.
- Maintains content on the department website.
- Coordinates meetings, activities, workshops, and presentations.
- Works proficiently using Microsoft Office applications, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Exercises independent judgement with respect to matters of significance.
- Keeps an organized workspace and manages time and workload appropriately.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships, communicating effectively verbally and in writing, with all levels of management, supervision, other ASD personnel, and community groups.
The physical demands of this job require frequent standing, walking, sitting, speaking and hearing. Specific visual abilities are also required. The employee is regularly required to reach with his/her hands and arms and occasionally lift items weighing less than 40 lbs. Additionally, the employee must be able to understand vague and implicit instructions, be able to readily recall facts and details, handle conflict and make effective decisions under pressure. The employee must have the ability to effectively manage the stress of working with students, parents, and other employees representing diverse cultures, personalities, and work styles in a dynamic work environment.
The Anchorage School District is committed to providing reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all individuals with a qualified physical or mental disability. Work Environment
Work is performed in a professional environment with a wide variety of individuals having differing functions, personalities and abilities, including working with diverse groups of people in a variety of different settings.
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be regularly exposed to a video display. The employee may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Additional Job Information
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job related duties as requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Anchorage School District (ASD) employees must possess the ability to read and write in English. This also includes the ability to communicate in English with school staff, co-workers, and the public; as well as have the ability to comprehend and carry out oral and written directions and understand and follow English instructions and written documents.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check. For certificated positions, this is in addition to the background check conducted through the certification process with the Alaska State Department of Education and Early Development (DEED).
This position may be required to work in ASD facilities on the military installations (JBER). Please visit the government REAL ID website
for additional information. The Anchorage School District is an equal employment opportunity employer.