Coordinator of Site-Based Budgeting
Budget Development, Management and Operations
Other - Position - Non-Certified
The Coordinator of Site-Based Budgeting is responsible for ensuring that the District's Site-Based budgeting process is conducted in an equitable, accurate and timely manner that enables optimal distribution of resources to the schools.
Chief Financial Officer
Support Administrator Level 5, Step 1 (Starting Salary $93,246)
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field
Five years of relevant experience preferred
Proven ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with District-level and School leadership, central departments, community representatives and other governmental and professional organizations
Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other business-related software, PeopleSoft experience preferred
City of Pittsburgh Residency Required
Essential Job Functions
1. Initiate, oversee and complete the annual site-based budgeting process, working with School Performance leadership, school principals, and Human Resources to ensure that resources are equitably distributed and that staffing deadlines are met for all comprehensive schools.
2. Manage the change process for Site-based budgeting procedures as needed.
3. Work with School Performance, Program for Students with Exceptionalities, and other Budget Office staff to construct the staffing portion of the district's Special Education budget.
4. Respond to inquiries from Principals and Program Managers regarding program and school budgets.
5. Revise budgets for staffing changes as needed after the initial budgeting process is complete.
6. Review all Human Resources transactions in Opening, Closing, and Hiring of positions to ensure that these actions are in compliance with the district's approved budgets.
7. Review position control and work with Human Resources to ensure that all K-12 school-based staff are correctly coded to their various funding sources
8. Create monthly financial projections based district revenue and expenditure trends.
9. Review monthly Budget-to-Actual Financial Reports for possible areas that require adjustments on the district's Forecast
10. Maintain and adjust revenues and expenditures on the district's 3-Year Forecast throughout the year to ensure that the district's financial position is accurately represented.
11. Review State-Level budgets and perform analysis for their potential impact on the district. Adjust district projections as needed based on this information.
12. Create Budget Volume I charts, exhibits, and Budget Highlights package
13. Prepare cost proposals from compensation negotiations and create new salary schedules from approved contracts.
14. Calculate the district's annual Homestead Tax Exemption
15. Represent the Budget office at various Board and community meetings and committees as requested to present the Budget Office's expertise and perspective
16. Supervise, train and develop Budget Development and Management staff.
17. Responsible for the upload of the Site-Based Budget into the Project Ledger in the Munis Financial System, and for ongoing maintenance of the Project Ledger throughout the year.
18. Create, adjust, and eliminate various school-based positions in the Munis Financial System according to approved budgets from the school-based budgeting process
19. Additional duties as assigned.
The Pittsburgh Public Schools (PPS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, marital status, pregnancy or disability in its programs, activities, career and technical education programs or employment and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. It is the policy of the Pittsburgh School District to make all services, programs and activities available and to provide reasonable accommodations to persons with disabilities. Please make requests for accommodations at least 72 hours before the scheduled event. For more information regarding accommodations, civil rights grievance procedures, please contact Employee Relations, Office of Human Resources, 341 S. Bellefield Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 or 412-529-HELP (4357).