Stoneham Public Schools is seeking an ESP to support a student in his general education classroom. This role requires implementing this student's behavioral plan to assist him in engaging and participating in activities and lessons, successfully. This ESP will ideally have experience with students who require cues, prompts, movement breaks and strategies such as the use of a token boards. This is an ideal learning opportunity for an individual interested in joining a supportive team that includes a BCBA and other related service providers. Stoneham Public SchoolsESP Job Description
The ESP will work under the direction and guidance of the special education/general education teacher, administration, and school-based personnel in supporting students growth and achievement including students' IEP goals and objectives.
- Assist students in their learning across content areas in individual, small group, and whole group settings.
- Assist students in self-regulation and management of emotions and behavior to maximize student learning including, but not limited to, implementing and supporting behavior plans and classroom management programs.
- Provide sensory support to students as needed. Sensory supports may include, but are not limited to, implementing and supporting sensory plans, providing students sensory breaks, and supporting students in the use of sensory equipment.
- Assist and support students in their communication between peers, school staff, etc. including the use of assistive technology.
- Support students' transitions during arrival and dismissal, between subjects/classes in school, and between activities. Provide personal care assistance to students including, but not limited to, toileting/diapering, feeding, physical lifting of students for hygiene and body positioning changes.
- Other duties related to support of students as directed by Principal.
- Education beyond high school diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Experience with students with special needs.
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills.
- Demonstrates dependability, initiative, responsibility, intuitiveness, and is well-organized.
- A desire to work with complex learners and the ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to physically assist students as assigned.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience preferred
Stoneham Public Schools values linguistic diversity and believes that candidates who speak another language bring added value to the district, schools, and district culture and diversity. The Stoneham Public Schools do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, homelessness, or disability. Title VI, Title IX and Section 504.